Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

That’s the one. Will you show @Fitzy how to do it so he can respond appropriately to you? I’m busy here at the minute.

I’ve been responding to my good friend @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy for years now.

He must be getting sizeable copyright payments from Harold so.

Indestructible? I’m interested and even mentioned this to my missus this morning, I didn’t say where I heard it😀
I cook some things at a crazy high heat(smoke alarms going off everywhere) so I don’t get as long as I’d like out of my frying pans, I’d usually go tefal or circulon, do you think I’d get longer out of this scanpan or something similar?
What kind of price, it seems to be about 150 for a 32cm frying pan.

€150 seems to be a lot of money for something made out of recycled beer cans

a lot of dimwits getting overly excited about frying pans

6 Likes

If you sent them the beer cans would you get a discount?

There’s a joke in there somewhere about the pan made from beer cans and a can shoved up a chickens hole.
Unfortunately I’ve ( again ) drawn a blank.

Home alone this weekend so I threw this together.
Roast pork loin with roast spuds and homemade stuffing.
Didn’t bother with veg as its only me until Sunday and the corner shop didn’t have and cooking apples to make apple sauce.

The gravy is powder stuff, I added a spoon of brown sauce and a squirt of soy sauce to liven it up.

3 Likes

It’s only 7.5 inches, not sure what you call long

1 Like

Same, trying to wok at anything other than high heat is a waste of time. The center burner on my gas cooktop is 16,000 BTU so no problem with heat.
Scanpan have 3 or 4 lines, mine is the Evolution which is the low end. The wok was $90 and a domed lid for it $35. I don’t see the Evolution line on their website, it may only be sold through outlets.

As I said pricy, and the high end series are double that (but you get a nicer knob @ironmoth) but I have had it for a year and use it several times a week and it looks brand new. No clean up, give it a rinse and wipe it dry.

1 Like

A nice knob is very important.

1 Like

And in true roaster fashion, you’d a chunk ate out of it before you remembered to take a photo for the lads. You’re a bad oul’ bastard, so you are.

1 Like

I was fucking starving. Because I slipped away from work I missed a proper breakfast.
Once I got a few mouthfuls in I said I’d share a picture of it with my TFK buddies.

I’d be disappointed with the gravy (ffs sake - no meat juices and cornflour?), but would have still polished off the plate too :thumbsup:

Yeah I let myself down a bit there. I started at the lawn and other jobs while the dinner was on, so I’d enough to be doing without messing with real gravy.

You should try embellishing the powder gravy sometime. I’d always add stuff like mustard or other common condiments to liven it up. You’d be surprised how it makes the difference.

1 Like

Cornflour ffs, a roux is simple to make even for a lazy roaster

:roll_eyes:. I ain’t ever seen an elephant fly.
I’ve also never seen a rooster cook.

1 Like

Nice edit :wink:

Was thinking of beer can rooster with an extra large can (for @ironmoth who seems to value size)

1 Like