Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

We have wild turkeys where I live. A few dozen of them walking around digging up lawns like they own the place. Have been tempted to takeout a few.

This really belongs in the advanced cooking thread, but it’s for @caoimhaoin and I thought there was more chance of finding him here. This is poached cod, mussels in a shallot/wine sauce, chorizo, home made sourdough croutons and a saffron mayo. Sounds complicated but once you have the ingredients and a plan in your head, 1.5 hours start to finish. Lots of down time for substance abuse.

8 Likes

Are you sending it over to me or something?

He is but you’ll have to collect it at the Bishopstown Bar

5 Likes

Fuck that. I wouldn’t eat a thing that goes thru that place

Did you throw a few slices of Galtee white pudding in there Chef to remind you of home?

1 Like

I buy turkey mince in lidl and make them myself.

2 Likes

+1

+1

1 Like

I’m in Wexford today so my mammy surprised me with pancakes because I won’t be here on Tuesday.

Are our TFK cooks happy with this simple effort with lemon and sugar? No fancy stuff like Nutella or maple syrup in this household. I was very satisfied with it.

17 Likes

That looks absolutely perfect to me, lemon and sugar is the only way to go

Maple syrup is rancid. That looks smashing

I wish…

Looks very well. I’m not a pancake lover myself but the rest of the house hold is. Unfortunately due to my occupation I will be expected to provide Nutella to the whole fucking neighbourhood

Just saw this now. Fucking outstanding

8/10 to your mammy.

1 Like

9/10

A scrape of butter for full marks.

1 Like

This’ll be good.
I was wondering what we’d all fight about over the weekend. Sure the answer was obvious, pancakes !!

I’m happy enough to lash varying volumes of the ingredients into a jug and hope for the best, some, no doubt will admit to buying pre mixed batter, they’ll most likely be abused, others will confess to buying pre fried, ready cooked, that’s when it’ll really kick off.

Thanks for the “nice post”, lads. Not the first time my mother’s exploits have been well received on the INTERNET.

1 Like

No need for the thanks. We all know that a nice post award is what you live for.
Keep up the good work big fella.

1 Like