Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

That chowder is for sale to bring home from all of the rene cusacks, it’s decent enough alright.
Peter Ward is the fella from Nenagh, good character and a great man to talk shit about grub with, those breakfast sandwiches are pricey but they’re a good size (not too big) and the sausages are very good, he also does a lovely steak sandwich (actually it’s his daughter that runs the sandwich side) which comes with a lovely homemade barbeque sauce and excellent blue cheese,
Before he came to Limerick I often went out of my way to pick up some stuff from his shop in Nenagh, even ten years ago Limerick was a disaster for food, he used to sell proper tomatoes and fabulous salads, what really brought me in though was the finest cooked Ox tongue I have ever tasted.

He’s from Meath originally I think, his daughters are two lovely looking girls. Pricey as you say but daycent tack all round.

1 Like

Fluent Irish speaker as well, he was interviewed on TG4 one night as part of the Comhrá series with Máirtín Tom Sheáinín, very interesting life story, a real food hero and a genuinely nice guy, (pricey tack though)

He has top class stuff alright. Those breakfast baps are €6.40 but they’re top of the range as far as breakfast baps go, serious stuff and worth the few euro more.

Lovely hot chocolate served in my customery glass at my request

3 Likes

Dining alone.how brave

1 Like

Fish curry. Unreal

2 Likes

1 Like

Lamb cutlets on fresh baby spinach with wild garlic pesto and ‘chilli beans’ (cannellini beans, tomato, chilli, etc.).

This is very, very tasty. Being washed down with a nice red from the petrol station.

4 Likes

That looks revolting.

2 Likes

whats for the main course?

Some eggs I picked earlier.

10 Likes

We had a pear, walnut, blue cheese and jamon serrano before that, so it was the perfect size pal. A cup of freshly brewed coffee and some rhubarb crumble to finish.

Well it was either that or waffles from the toaster. I had a decision to make - impress some dope on the internet, or prepare a tasty and nutritious meal in under 20 mins. Sorry pal.

2 Likes

Sounds lovely. Will you eat again tonight?

you must be an awful small man, 5’2"? that dinner wouldn’t fatten a snipe

1 Like

:laughing:

Well who’s a touchy little Teresa this evening?

2 Likes

I’m fairly full dude. You never know though. Maybe if we get the kids down early and get to watch a movie, some tortilla chips and homemade salsa. I’ve a few bottles of Asahi in the fridge.

1 Like

If he had a few “home cut” chips you’d be raving about it

The ELCs being badly exposed here.

4 Likes