Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

The sauce looks less than creamy, overall; tasty

thanks, more wine than cream for sure. Fresh tarragon is a wonderful herb.

1 Like

Must try to grow it, I’ve only used it in dried version.

It should be easy to grow there, it’s perennial as well so will come up every year.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’m trying to grow tomatoes, any tips welcome

Yeah! We haven’t the climate for them. Oh! you’ll find “expert gardeners” scuttering on about sunlight, watering etc., Best stick to the tried and true - Tesco - a packet for 59/79c.

3 Likes

Build a small greenhouse. I’ve done it in Ireland and had spectacular results. A wooden frame about 6 ft tall covered in poly. They are easy to grow, only need water and occasional fertilizer.

Absolutely nothing like a homegrown tomato. Mozzarella, basil, olive oil and balsamic. You can grow basil in the greenhouse as well or in pots.

1 Like

There’s an advanced gardening thread, we can take this over there before some old grump takes offense.

Had dinner in the Woodlands yesterday. Grub was very good (presentation could have been better on the starters) and service excellent. The little touches such as the owner coming out offering people extra meat etc make a great impression. They are great business people. It also helps they have no issues with kids running riot.

3 Likes

Roasters like us aren’t worried about presentation,as long as it’s good and there’s plenty of it that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Pulpo.

2 Likes

Is that Mexican for “dead rat on a carrot and swede puree”?

16 Likes

Evidence (as if any was needed) that no amount of generations living in the capital can remove the roaster from the man.

3 Likes

I cooked this tonight. It was lovely.

3 Likes

Was @balbec standing beside you?

20 Likes

Lolzers

I’d say you had to be careful. Paper burns easily.

1 Like

Monkfish is glorious if cooked properly. What book is that out of interest?

Beautiful

1 Like

Monkfish is smashing

1 Like