Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

You need to buy your fish from a fish-monger, not from Lidl. That’s not organic.

2 Likes

Same as that, Lidl job. There is a market every Saturday on Ringsend road that sells fish but apart from that there’s no local fishmonger around here.

@Bandage would you be interested in financing me to open a local hip and trendy fishmongers?

You’re right but sure we can’t all have a local fishmonger selling fresh organic produce

You need to work harder at it then and get your arse down to Ringsend every Saturday for top class, fresh, organic produce. The Lidl stuff is only for mugs.

2 Likes

Duly noted. I was not in Dublins fair city on the Saturday in question though thereby necessitating my Lidl fish purchase.

You’re right. Support the fishmonger and the butcher, not the supermarket. A good local fishmonger is a serious addition to your health and well-being.

As for meat, anyone buying pre-packed minced meat in a supermarket needs to change their approach. The butcher should be mincing it in front of you, and you should be cooking it on the day. Best results every time.

3 Likes

If one had a rainbow trout for About 6-8 people but didn’t want to cook it for a while would it be best to freeze it whole or gut it first then freeze it?

Jesus clean it first, immediately

3 Likes

Gut the bastard before you freeze it. What if freezing causes the contents of its stomach to rupture? Christ, I’m feeling nauseous just thinking about this…

Thank you.

Imagine that yoke defrosting and the thawing fish shite mixing with the flesh.
I’m going to be sick I think. :confounded:

1 Like

I don’t no anything about freezing food as I try refrain from freezing anything but yes the thought is quite sick.

1 Like

Oh Christ :mask:

1 Like

Fondant potatoes with chicken, carrot, broccoli and thyme tonight. The potatoes were magnificent.

14 Likes

Potatoes look great, you’re some man for the fancy spuds.
Now I’ll just wait for somebody to post up a fried egg sandwich and get more thanks than you do.

1 Like

There’s a sight of bubbles in the top one boss,what’s all that about

I did a pasta with crabmeat, prawns,white wine, lemon, chilli and cream sauce, sorry now I didn’t get a picture, it was unbelievable, made olive bread this morning and had that alongside the dinner

4 Likes

That’s cooking, mate.

I don’t like bubbles in my dinner

That looks unreal.

1 Like