Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Good stuff. Make sure you have a few gos at cooking on it before you invite a crowd around.

2 Likes

Headshot. That deserved a nice post, pal.

You need to buy a bag of lava rocks to get the charcoal flavour out of the gas BBQ.

1 Like

They’ve been down years and I’ve always thought they look great, hadn’t given any thought to ever changing them, maybe the angle of the photo didn’t show them at their best.
Anyway the yoke is assembled, wasn’t that easy but got there, here she is with my lovely stones in the background.

1 Like

Obviously simplicity is appreciated around here, cheers everybody. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Grand job,get yourself some jack Daniels soaked woodchips and put them in water for a few hours then lash a few on the charcoal while your cooking,charcoal is time consuming but well worth it,as @rintintin says you may as well use a George foreman as a gas bbq

3 Likes

I hope you’re not lighting it where it is

Started putting it together outside but it got a bit chilly and I wanted to watch the news.

I’m a fan of cherry or alder myself.

Wouldn’t be a fan of cherry and never had alder @rintintin,where did you get them,the JD gives the grub a lovely taste,I’m doin a big bbq tomorrow evening I’m gonna be fit to burst

1 Like

Got them from a Wexford crowd most recently but pretty sure woodies homeBase or B&Q do them at the right time of year.

1 Like

We’ll be over

RTT can bring his cherry chips

Looks like he had @rocko over.

1 Like

A for fucks sakes.
It’s a fucking cheap weber grill thats held together with a couple of screws and bolts. An 8 year old would put it to g etber in ten minutes.

I despair for the future of the nation with some of you lads.

I’ll tell Ya something, I only power washed them about a month ago, thank fuck I didn’t put the picture up before that, ye’re some hard fuckers to please. :disappointed:

1 Like

I’d say I spent a total of about twenty minutes to a half an hour on it, if I had someone with me to do the holding and handing I’d have halved that easily.
I’m handy enough with things like that to be honest.

I wouldn’t touch that patio power washing without a good pair of safety goggles.
A lad would lose both eyes with the amount of loose grout flying in all directions.

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: that’s a good one to be fair, I must have a good look later on to see if it needs a regrout. Still think the angle of that picture was unflattering.:flushed:

No mate, there’s no angle that would make it look good, it’s a shite job.

But it works, and you appear to knock some good use out of the patio, so what matter? However in time honoured TFK manner we must give you shit about it, as I’m sure you understand.

7 Likes