Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

I was just about to post that :relaxed:

Great minds!

1 Like

Looks lovely, the eggs are good. Not quite @Tassotti grade eggs but very good in their own right.
I’d ate it.

2 Likes

A very pretentious breakfast. The type of pointless plate of grub you eat to be able tell people online that you ate it.

3 Likes

Jaysus I’m stuffed,garretts finest fillet steak some lamb skewers with some kind of pesto and a few burgers washed down with a couple of beers,I’m fit to burst

I’m attempting my most ambitious culinary project yet, and possibly in TFK if not Internet history, a 30 person paella cooked over an outdoor fire pit. It has the potential to be epic. Will post the results later if I survive.

10 Likes

What kind of size is that yoke put your hand in so we can judge the scale of it

I like Garret and his shop is fierce handy but his beef is only mediocre, he usually has great lamb and his oven ready stuff is the best around. If you want great beef go up to O’Connors on William street, I know in a broken record but it’s cheaper and I practically guarantee you’ll taste the difference.

Good luck with that. I used to do paella a bit but not in a few years and never on a grand scale. What meat and fish?

Fuck that I’m a busy man,there’s fuck all wrong with garretts beef lad your just being a picky cunt

1 Like

Not a bit wrong with it, sure I know the farmer out in Feenagh personally, I was only admiring his cattle a few weeks ago.
I’m a picky fucker when it comes to meat is true.:smirk:

26 inches mate. You know the yanks bigger is better.

Chicken thighs, chorizo and a seafood mix, shrimp, clams, mussels.

2 Likes

I love a paella. Best of luck with it. I eagerly anticipate these photos.

12 inch pizza, some chicken wings, a side of slaw and few chips on the way. I’ve lost everything.

Car big as bars

6 bottles of leffe last night and a day at the beach in front of me means this is a great start to the day

After a disastrous start it turned out brilliant. The fucking aluminum rods I had supporting the pan softened alarmingly. Luckily there was a ME present who hunted down two steel plant supports, so back in business after a few burnt fingers and dumping 10% overboard. The key to a successful paella is the rice quality (callasparra or bomba) and the sofrito.

8 Likes

Thinly veiled “I invited a traveller to my party, but I’m going to pass him off to the lads on the internet as a mechanical engineer”.

I’d be more worried about the fact that you thought aluminium was ok in the first place :eek:

Savage work on the food, btw. Was it appreciated by the guest of honour?

4 Likes

Repugnant shit

1 Like