Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

That looks savage, buddy. How did you prepare it?

With his hands, you gowl.

Thanks, very simply,
Scored, Rubbed with salt pepper and mustard powder,
Placed in a cast iron casserole (Dutch oven) over a little bit of beef stock ( mine is homemade😉)
Lid off for about a half hour at 200, then lid on and down to 120 for about 5 hours, it’s a cliche but you’d cut it with a spoon

4 Likes

I’ll be doing that at some stage in the near future.

A Dutch oven?

2 Likes

Easy as piss, and most importantly, the sandwiches tomorrow and possibly Monday will be unreal, jalapeños, pickles, tomato, nice cheese and a thousand island style sauce :yum:

1 Like

What did you ask for when you went into the butchers? Would most places have it or would you need to order it?

You’d want to be one fat cunt to eat all that on your own.[quote=“Horsebox, post:1404, topic:22211, full:true”]
I’ll be doing that at some stage in the near future.
[/quote]

It’s brisket, a real butcher will have it, we had a discussion here recently on this very topic. The kind of butcher who wants to sell you oven ready meat with curry marinades is unlikely to have it on the premises. Some butchers will use it for corned beef, fabulous cut, great taste.

1 Like

Very astute point, buddy. Not much gets past you.

1 Like

Indeed it doesn’t.

Lovely plate of slow cooked meats for the dinner tonight.
Chicken brisket and pork

10 Likes

Did you make that yourself Fagan? Looks unbelievable

What is brisket exactly? Looks very nice

ffs

3 Likes

Not at all. Loko restaurant Waterford.

1 Like

Why do so many people not know what brisket is? Its one of the best cuts of beef for the slow cooker or a pot roast, and outrageously good smoked.

In the boom we only ate fillet steaks and dumped the rest.

2 Likes

As I mentioned earlier. It is traditionally used for corned beef in Ireland so isn’t that popular as a cut in its own right.

1 Like

You’re right there…it isn’t the nicest cut of beef…but it’s not the worst either.

Had a couple of slices of it today in the Kilmurry Lodge coincidentally.