Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Mortons of Galway for the wine. As for the moussse…

It’s a vegan recipe, I guess. Pulled straight from a River Cottage book. @glasagusban, I should have added that the mousse is best scooped into small serving dishes, or even glasses like I used - I got 4 portions. I put a small square of clingfilm down tight against the mousse to create a fairly airtight seal, then into the fridge for 1 hour. Hugh also recommends serving it with honeyed strawberries. 200g strawberries (halved), 1 tablespoon runny honey, juice of half a lime. Put them into a dish and mix gently then let sit for 30 mins. Before serving, spoon the strawberries on top of the chocolate and drizzle with the sweet juices. It’s a cracking little pudding and is made in 10 mins.

3 Likes

That’s a fairly wobbly looking bbq buddy but at least you’re using charcoal,did ye put any woodchips on it

?what kind of oddball makes mousse?

1 Like

That Limerick/Cork lad, @chocolatemousse.

‘Rhetorical Questions’! I used to play this when I was a kid. Ok, my turn now:

“Why are you a cunt?”

5 Likes

I did, I had a pack of jack Daniels wood chips in my shed for years, did the job.
Wobbly me arse, that patio is as level as fuck. :rage:

Where’d ya get that goat bacon? And did you prepare and cook the tongue yourself, my nana made it all the time, my mates used to think it was a revolting thought but it is beautiful meat.

This photo has been up 16 hours now and nobody has commented that I had the cooking grate on upside down, actually it was the missus fault :flushed: but I expected more from the eagle eyes.

The charcoal bbq is going quite well, the chimney starter has been a God send, next time we get a blast of decent weather I’m going to try proper barbeque, it’s been grilling all the way up to now.

I think you’ve greatly overestimated how much people give a fuck about your cooking, shitty patio notwithstanding.

10 Likes

Thanks pal, you’ve got a way with words, :cry:

Sorry, I’m just fully focused on the Job in hand (beating france) today and think we all should be.

1 Like

I’m with you, probably just trying to distract myself. I’ve a little bit of work to do this morning so have the laptop open. My poor patio never gets a break here though :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

You’ve got it all wrong. Your patio is now part of tfk lore. It’s up there with @bandage 's balcony, @Mac’s hook nose, @artfoley’s slaphead, @Brimmer_Bradley’s work ethic, @hbv’s acne, @Tassotti’s plate and the @RNLI. It probably doesn’t warrant that status but it’s been a slow week for abuse with everyone so focused on the football.

1 Like

Ahhh. Don’t you mean Brimmers ‘positive work-life balance’.

2 Likes

@backinatracksuit has made it

1 Like

This is appropriate at last :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCxBpP6RIbA

2 Likes

Chicken and chorizo stew topped with spring onion, and chopped herbs lemon garlic and oil, and a bit of sweet potato.

7 Likes

Lovely, I’m doing a seafood pasta as we speak.

Here it is, loads of lemon juice, white wine, cream, mixed seafood, prawns and some scallops, some stem broccoli and carrots as well

4 Likes

Where did you get goat? It’s fantastic meat…