Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Lovely, the addition of the grass fed while unnecessary has possibly pleased some of those who are missing everything including wild fish being organic on a plate. Yours is a nice plate though so that will go against you.
Green beans are the berries, beautiful even without a sauce, just a tiny bit of salt and pepper,

Any lamb we kill will never see nuts (protein supplement) beyond their initial 3 month rearing. Its gives a dirty tange to the meat.

5 Likes

Your own lamb?
Garrett’s butcher in Limerick does great lamb, all grass fed as well,
Best lamb I’ve had is the Blasket Island stuff available from a place in Dingle.

savage bit of grub. i didnt even take notice of the plate

Yeah. Freezer jammed to the hilt with home reared beef, pork (in laws) and lamb.

4 Likes

Jammy bastard, that’s my dream.

To have meat in your freezer. Not overly ambitious unless its a euphemism

6 Likes

You must be gone some size, kid.

Not really, ive lost weight if anything, kid. I’m back training big time, at least 5 days a week. Yurt.

2 Likes

Something quick and easy to cook for a crowd tonight with fairly traditional tastes? No curries , chilli etc

Beef Bourguignon in the slow cooker served with mashed spuds and spring onion

Spag bol the easiest… Buy a pre roasted chicken and whack on spuds and veg… Bangers, mash gravy… Or just order pizza.

Are you & your guests partial to fish?

I bought a bunch of spring onions yesterday so I’m half way there.

Those spring onions will make a lovely garnish for a fish pie, I posted a couple of recipes here months ago (and was told to stick my head in a fish pie and stick my fish pie up my hole for my troubles :flushed:) use a tub of shop bought chowder instead of the béchamel to save time, use great cheese and don’t forget the hard boiled eggs, takes less than a half hour to prepare.

I wouldnt trust the fish from the local SuperValu. We are looking for maximum reward from minimal effort here.

Cooking fish is dead quick if pan frying. You can have your veg & starter ready. Beauty of pan fried fish is its never too heavy.

Surely easy get fresh fish out your direction or in town?

Saturday morning pal, would you not take a spin into town?
Minimal effort is probably a stew, use decent wine and make a simple gremolata to put on the table, gamechanger.

Just buy the pre cooked chicken and pre cooked roasties…the lads seem to forget you’ve two kids and a lady just after giving birth to be dealing with and no time for fucking around.

A bit of time in the kitchen is one of the joys of life, especially with a new baby to be getting a rest from, no harm getting something ready this morning to go in the oven or having something tipping away throughout the day.