Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Would you not have considered googling what to do with them?

You condescending prick. He was right to give up and come on here for abuse, it’s the only way to learn.

8 Likes

I actually did. Some Aussie mot on YouTube showed me how to crack the shells before cooking by tapping them gently with the back of a knife. Looked like a nice simple task. Twenty minutes later I was covered in blood and shells while cursing at bits of mangled crab.

14 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

1 Like

As I’m sure you know, Fajitas are Tex-Mex, unknown in classical Mexican cooking. You would be hard pressed to find a more gringo dish.

Don’t talk through your hole mate. Fajitas are hardly gringo. They are classic Norteño food. They come from the borderlands, traditionally eaten by Mexicans on both sides. Border culture is and always has been fluid. The people of south Texas and Nuevo Leon and Tamulipas have more in common with each other than other Mexicans hundreds of miles south and the gringos to the north of them. They have always had their own unique subculture, with it’s cuisine, music and linguistic idiosyncrasies. To them the Rio Bravo (or Rio Grande, as the Gringos call it) was just a small river, one that you could wade back and forth across most of the time.

There is no “classical” Mexican food, as there are so many varieties and variations throughout the country. What they traditionally have eaten in Chiapas is a whole world apart from what they traditionally ate in Chihuahua. Fajitas are every bit a part of the greater family of Mexican cuisine as a Tamal de Chilipin.

Utter revisionist scutter.
Fajitas are as American as apple pie mate. They may be derived from grilling meat over a fire, but you may as well say fajitas are a Homo Erectus dish from 1,500,000 BC. The term fajita is unknown in Mexican cuisine, as is the general recipe which makes it unique as a dish. Unless one’s idea of Mexican food is Taco Bell.

You haven’t a fucking bull’s notion.
The dish is as Norteño as you can get. It is found all over the borderlands or south Tex and northern Mexico. You must be one of those dopey cunts that thinks the Mexican culture stops at the border and everything on the other side is Gringo. Doesn’t work that way, and hasn’t for hundreds of years. Norteño culture has it’s own unique cuisine, music and linguistic variations and it doesn’t stop at the Rio Bravo.
Look mate, you don’t want to get into a debate with me sobre la cultura norteña, porque te mando a la chingada.

4 Likes

Only on TFK would you have a Clare cunt who’s an expert on Mexican (specifically Norteña) cuisine and culture.

17 Likes

Your knowledge of the Norteno is admirable, but you are very off base on fajitas. They originate from Texas from no earlier than the 1930s, plenty research done on it. I’m sure the idea was influenced by the cooking style south of the border, specifically arracheras. A fajita however, is quite an evolution from an arracheras.

I am quite familiar with Mexico and it’s culture by the way, having travelled there extensively and sampled a range of its cuisines. Never came acoss a fajita though, nor a Mexican who would lay claim to one.

Well there is Casa De Burritos in Ennis. I’m very interested to see where this discussion is headed…

:popcorn:

3 Likes

2 Western roasters trying to pass themselves off as experts in Latin American food culture. You couldn’t make this shit up. Let’s not forget one of them was waxing lyrical about beer can chicken a while back.

10 Likes

You could look in here in the morning and literally anything could have caused a row. Anything

8 Likes

one of them drinks a bottle of whiskey a day and cooks his steak in tinfoil.
never heard of the other fella.

3 Likes

Get fucked you, you creep.

Que pasa, pisha?