Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Brisket gone onto the BBQ there. Chicken thighs in a marinade with a can of beer poured over.

Made goats cheese and chicken pasta just there lads.

4 Likes

Why deviate from the tried and tested can-up-the-ass method? Sounds good anyway pal.

1 Like

It only goes up the arse for a full chicken pal

That’s sounds disgusting

Thats a ten!!

1 Like

Fish pie tonight… I’ll get cracking after the Limerick match.

Are you using a recipe or winging it?
Fire up a picture later on and we’ll get this thread going again, hopefully yer man will fire a bit of abuse at you to kick it off.

Did a lovely chateaubriand for dinner just now, was on special in a butcher I was passing earlier, couldn’t resist.

4 Likes

Uugh

1 Like

I hope you weren’t ripped off in this butcher’s

Did you wrap it in tinfoil though?

1 Like

Didn’t know to do that, seared it and popped it in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, went a bit past where I’d like it but the kids won’t eat it rare.

How much did you pay for it?

16 euro for about 650g, it was 40% off in Nolans out in Corbally, nice shop as well, similar to Garrets.

3 Likes

Picked up a few Boerewors at the Galway farmer’s market today. There’s a saffer chap that serves them in hot dog rolls with onion, but he’ll also happily sell you some uncooked ones for a euro a pop. They’re tasty, tasty, very very tasty. They’re very tasty.

That’s a great price for such a nice cut of meat.

Didn’t know to do that :anguished:

Some price for almost 1.5 lb, it’s a great cut. I would do it much the same, after a good searing into the oven for 10 minutes, then let it rest in tinfoil for another 10 minutes. That should produce perfect medium rare.

Not familiar with that but I had a lovely bratwurst sausage in a roll in Kinvarra quite recently, never been to SAfrica unfortunately, interesting grub.

You must go through a sight a tinfoil,the tipp lads haven’t a patch on you