Ravenous

Just back from L’arco in ballyvaughan, a decent italian feed at a reasonable price. Brushetta, Lasagne and a glass of merlot.

Where is Larco horse the last time I ate in Ballyvaughan was in the new hotel there and it was very poor to be honest, I’d be a big fan of the pier head in Kinvara in fairness it’s very good do you remember the German lad in ballyvaughan that was doing the vegetarian food that got in shit with the council whatever happen him

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 290538”]

Near Hylands, run by a local fella. That was an italian fella that had the run in with the council, pity really, twas a grand spot… The holy well was the name of it. He opened in galway for a while too.

The pier head is a great spot but no harm to change it around ever now and then. Linnanes in new quay does a roaring trade now too.

Monks for all the talk about it is no great shakes either who ownes that now ? the best meal i have had in a while was in the wild honey inn in Lisdoonvarna, the holy well thats it I was sure he was a German for some reason

Arah Monks is gone fcuk with years, ever since the original owner left it been on a downward spiral since.

The latest owner is a horsey lad from bell harbour by the name of Gill. Haven’t been there recently so cant comment good or bad.

Give Linnanes a go sometime, the seafood platter is some feed.

the hollywell was in ennis too, closed down last year

Have you ever eaten in An Fulacht Fia in Ballyvaughan, KP? Heading there this weekend.

No Fran, never heard of it. Wouldn’t be in Ballyv that often to be honest even though its only a 10 minute drive really.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 290545”]

From what you do know of the place, any recommendations on pubs etc.?

Serious feast there.

Crab cakes with sweet chilli sauce to start, then deep fried myself a lovely piece of fresh cod with a some home made chips and mushy peas.

Fit to burst now.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
had stew this evening it was no great shakes to be honest think i might get a bit of fish for tomorrow

You make the crab cakes? Or where did u buy them?

Lovely starter.

I spotted em in the fishmongers when I was getting my cod.
They were very very nice.

This should be renamed the adjective thread.

Who is your fishmonger?

How about go fuck yourself…

go fuck my delicious self

Superquinn baked potato with cheddar cheese and bacon and a couple of slices with brown bread and Dairygold as a side and a tall glass of Copella Apple Juice. Tastier than I expected.

Could you not just say butter and apple juice?

Do you think the likes of turfcutter or myself would be going around with “dairygold” and “copella”?

Superquinn. :rolleyes:

Was the potato already baked when you bought it?
Was it prepacked or from some sort of hot counter?