Ravenous

Porridge is the answer… slow release of energy all through the morning. Throw in a few spoons of flax, nuts and seeds.

Packet Cereals are full of sugar and salt.

Its advised that you should eat every 3/4 hours anyway. Keeps metabolism nice and balanced.

Cereals at 8, lunch at 1, dinner at 6 or 7 (unless not training), usually has worked for me, perhaps its just that I’m getting older. Was never a fan of porridge but perhaps it could be time to give it another go.

Would you not take a supper?

Would dinner at 6 or 7 not count as a supper? Lunch would be a wrap, roll, sandwich.

Apparently the nation is reverting to cheap cuts of meat like shin beef oxtail and gigot chops to see out the recession. I love a bit of shin beef myself but it’s very hard to source.

Peasants

You would see shin of beef around an odd time in Ennis and Gort, seldom I have seen ox tail, they would be put into to cheap mince or into the burger mix along with the mechanically separated meat for the really cheap burgers, my neighbours have taken to lidle and aldi for their meat but I find the meat from them poor to be honest the mince is full of fat and dye and the chickens are tasteless it kind of annoys me as some of em have half acres that could well hold a veg patch and would save them as much money in the long run plenty of farmers more than happy to get rid of a few transport boxed of manure too

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 290602”]

Going to have Chicken Kiev tonight myself together with Baked potatoes and roasted vegetables.The sauce is a bit of a speciality of mine mushrooms, vegetable stock cube,dash of red wine and some creme fraiche.Looking forward to it now I must say.

There are definately a lot more people bringing in packed lunches than ever before and often it is the remains of the previous nights dinner.Have been doing the same myself when it comes to Lasagne or things like that, that actually taste nicer the following day.

Right now I’m having a few sandwiches consisting of brown Brennan’s bread, a few slices of Carrolls crumbed ham topped off with Dunnes cheese coleslaw. Cup of tea to wash it all down.

Have a bit of sirloin in the fridge for tonight’s dinner. Not sure what I’ll have with it though…

Pork steak, thick cut deep fat fried chips and carrots and parsnips mashed, sublime.

Jesus thats a nice combination, i’ve had that a few times myself. Eat spelt most of the time myself, but found a gorgeous Curtberts brown loaf recently that is something else. Carrolls and Bradys ham are the best of the mass production. Must be a midlands thing.

Had Cottage Pie tonight after a swim, beautiful.

A grown pig wouldn’t eat what i’ve ate here this evening since i arrived in the door at around 6.30pm. Basically i haven’t stoped eating in the last 5+ hours and i am hopefully finished now for the night after eating a toasted ham and cheese sandwich there smeared in Colmans mustard…

I nearly died of flu there yesterday. Only thing I ate all day was half a bowl of Alpen, a litre of orange juice, eight Benalyn Four Flu and four Panadol. I’ve slowly returned to normal today. Had a rasher sandwich this morning and going to have another one now. This one will be of an inferior quality however with it being made from the two heels of the loaf as that’s all that’s left. You should try contracting flu for a prolonged period Dunph to kickstart your weight loss, there’s nothing like it. I would slip under the door at this stage.

Hope you get well soon, mate. There’s a terrible dose of the flu going around Tour here at the moment but luckily i’ve avoided it thus far. I could do without it, i’m far too busy for the likes of the flu.

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 290602”]

Bought a few bits and pieces in the English market in Cork today and noticed a huge amount of cheap stuff i.e crubeens,pigs head,hearts,livers,kidneys,brisket etc,one butchers shop was selling almost only this stuff along with lumps of what they were advertising as Pork offal at something like €1.75 a kilo,I was shocked and amazed in equal measure at this,any half decent cut of beef was near eneogh nowhere to be seen.

Roast stuffed heart is a lovely feed

Indeed, roast stuffed heart is possibly the noblest of all foods. Absolutely beautiful.

Tis offal ss so hardly noble. But it’s still a lovely feed

Can’t believe you didn’t want to meet for lunch Link. :smiley:

Did you go through the whole market? Some of the stalls are owned by the same people, except they split it up between Poultry, cheap meat, expensive meat, Pork. You may have just missed the good meat stall which Flynns run at the Patrick St. side.

Too late now anyway.

Ordered a pizza last night after football. The bloody thing arrived at around half 9 but they had thrown in a free bag of chips as a goodwill gesture.

My guts are in bits today. Can’t wait to pour copious amounts of Guinness down there later on.

:pint: