Ravenous

Between kippers and lads being delighted to feed on any part of a pig that’s fucked in their direction it’s like we are still stuck in the Famine.

You just can’t buy good taste it seems…

Hard to bate a nice striploin

Had a smashing steak salad there. Whacked a nice bit of sirloin onto a piping hot griddle pan for 3 mins each side. Let it sit for a bit and then sliced it up nice and pink in the middle and mixed it in with some rocket salad, cherry tomatoes, parmesan shavings and topped with a mustard type dressing. A nice bit of crusty Superquinn roll and a slab of kerrygold butter was the perfect accompaniment.

Full to the gills now - prob made too much steak but I’ve had worse complaints.

:clap:

Top notch.
Rocket and Steak go together very well. That’s what i had myself earlier, just a steak and dressed rocket.

Champion - it’s a taste sensation. You’ll have the animals on here going ‘Wha, no chips?’

:rolleyes:

Thats it lads, keep firing quality food like Corn Flakes and the Coco Pops into ye, good solid breakfasts like the tv tells ye. Dont you just love the way it turns the milk chocolatey?

Rocket. :rolleyes:

Rocket is nice dunph

Fresh Mackeral with brown bread KP

I caught a few off a pier the other day, threw them under the grill and fried up some spuds, peppers and onions and a few slices of homemade soda bread to finish it off.

A fine feed but is it not the wrong time of the year from em

They were there anyway!

Theyd be starting to come in from now on

Aren’t they poisonous at this time of the year because of the spawning?

Yeah, but not usually from May onwards. The freezer is still jammed with them from last year but its not something I’d even think about on a cold winters morning.

Just got the results of a Food Intolerance Test… My contributions to this tread could get bland enough for the next 3 months. :unsure:

Did some fella just mention coco fucking pops here?! Christ…

What does that involve KP? Bloods and jabs no doubt? I was thinking of going for something like that although I generally tolerate food pretty well!

Just after the dinner there a while ago, it was the grandest - roast chicken, spuds, carrots, turnip and gravy. It’s late enough to be eating it but i was out doing dogs all day, it wasn’t easy in this weather but the dogs don’t do themselves. I was talking to two old timers about the game then as well, they see a bleak future for our sport. I’m having a double decker bar now with my tea.

I had a nice bit of lunch earlier made from mostly odds and ends. Unfortunately the garlic potato bake from last week is now depleted so I had none of that.
The bulk of it was made up of meats of course, a bit of cold ham I had roasted last week, a hard boiled egg, few slices of smoked salmon, half a small onion, half a bagette of garlic bread, various preserved spiced meats of mostly Italian influence if not origin. My dining was unusually interrupted by a ring of the doorbell. This I assumed was the occasion of the collection of the census form recently distributed. However I was surprised to be greeted by two elderly ladies who introduced themselves as members of the local (and seemingly very active) chapter of the Legion of Mary. They put some rather prosaic questions to me regarding my faith and my knowledge of parish facilities etc. They also asked me would I like my house blessed by the local curate, a service I thought would have cost thousands of euros such is the necromancing effect it would surely have on my place of dwelling. You can image my surprise when I was told that this service was absolutely free. I had to decline this offer however as it’s possible I’ll be washing my hair or cooking a chicken that day. You may be wondering how I was able to spend time talking on the doorstep of my house with these evangelists for so long but you’ll remember that my lunch was a cold plate (apart from the garlic bread) so happily it wouldn’t get any colder. I did however have to cut short the visitation due to the impending running of the European Free Handicap from Newmarket and return indoors amid much shaking of hands. I left them with words of encouragement regarding the amount of Poles who live nearby who are surely of ‘our flock’ and one of them replied how many of them were ‘very good people’ as if this would be a surprising trait in a foreigner, which indeed it would be.