Ravenous

Stay with teagasc for reps and aeos etc the private lads aren’t as well up as and I’m convinced the department prefer them and give preferential treatment to teagasc clients, other than that the journal is great. I’m of the opinion rare breed are the next big thing be they cattle, sheep, goats or spuds ???

I am thinking of getting a few Parthenaise at the minute to see how they go… but you are thinking of even rarer stuff i’d imagine? What had you in mind?

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 291719”]
We were looking to trying a few Piemontese AI’s this year. Supposed to be a fine breed.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 291719”]

In fairness I was thinking about shorthorns, dexters, Kerry cattle, Irish moiled or pure bread Herefords tis probably a flight of fancy but that’s what I would like

I wouldn’t go near parthenaise they are built like BB’s and act like Limousines but Shannonsider is consider the continental expert around here.
I have no idea about the one 2re is on about

Darren Carthy on sheep. Yes you are Darren. Deviant.

Hi Bandage could you suggest any rare strawberry varieties

On this day of fast and abstainence, i am unable to contribute to this fine thread.

Had a toastie there now, without meat, jokeshop.

I’ve had no meat today either but unfortunately have exceeded the strict and draconian ‘three meals only’ rule.

I’m loathe to interject into this most culinary of threads (truth be told I have difficulties with the system) but I must say that my most pleasent, if rare feed this year so far, has been a nice panfull of eels that I caught on an eel-line Thursday morning and consumed yesterday…
Probably a little oily when fried in pure butter, but the taste value, combining with the catch itself, makes for a delicacy in itself…

I had a fry around lunch time, 3 sausage, 2 rasher, 2 slices of black and white pudding, two eggs and a slice of fried soda bread

I’d absolutely murder a fry now. Might have one tomorrow actually now that you mention it…

I had an unbelievable roast last night. Roast sirloin, roast spuds, preboiled to make them crispy, cauliflower, broccoli, garden peas, cheese sauce and Yorkshire puddings.
I had a big bowl of pavlova with the cream and fruit then for desert.
Had a few beef sandwiches then for lunch today.

Pig

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Had a roast leg of lamb myself with roast spuds, mashed spuds, carrots, celery in white sauce, mushy peas and gravy.
This was followed by apple crumble with cream and then a selection of cheeses about 45 minutes later.
The night was topped off with an Irish Coffee.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just after a sausage, beans and chips dinner and the biggest '99 i’ve ever seen. I might go for a few handy pints in a while given how nice it is out there…

Sausage beans and chips is a great dinner.

Home made burgers, broccoli and spuds, had corn on the cob as a starter

After an animal of a feed of bacon and cabbage

Nice. It’s hard to beat bacon and cabbage, except maybe a stew…