Ravenous

Indeed… Made this a couple of weeks ago. I added a few more chillies than he recommends to spice it up

I’m after destroying myself with apple turnovers there. I ate four of them, i just couldn’t stop.

apple turnovers is a noble treat

You don’t need to tell me, brother.

Ate too many sweet things again there after the dinner and i’m fit to explode now…

I was in Arklow today and called into Christy’s in the town. Had a fine feed of chowder for starter then sea bass and homemade chips for the dinner. A coffee and apple pie completed a very satisfying meal.

Ah that sounds fantastic. I wouldn’t drink the coffee but the rest of that is excellent. I love chowder.

A good chowder is hard bet .

If you are ever near the Curragower pub drop in and order it. Top class

You can get a great take away Chowder from Rene Cusacks as well.
Lovely stuff,

Many a bowl of chowder i’ve had in the Curragower. It is pretty good alright, unfortunately it cant be got it there all year round, unless things have changed.

Correct. Also, they used to (and possibly still) do crab claws…

The only thing that bothered me about today’s feed was that the seabass was almost definitely farmed in some far off country like Cyprus, but I had a craving for a fish dinner so it did the job.

Yes seabass is almost invariably farmed thousands of miles away.

I wad in one of the fish shops in Howth recently when my eye caught the packaging of the " fresh " tuna fish. It was product of Sri Lanka.

Holy fuck I’m starving.

Did you eat a breakfast, Farmer? You should eat a good breakfast every morning like a bowl of porridge or a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes…

I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast Dunph. I never go without breakfast.

Anyway, I’m sorted now. Went for a huge carvery at lunch there and now I’m devouring a Mint Feast.

Cheers for the advice anyway mate.

farmer likes an old carvery .

I tend to prefer a new one fof.

It’s generally fresher.

:rolleyes:

Always with the wisecrack

says yer man.