Ravenous

This is an interesting thread to which I’m forced to add a “possibly” rare addendum…
For my tea/supper tonight I had a nice freshly caught portion of eel…This was caught by myself (yesterday) using the tried and trusted method of a well fed eel line brings home the prey…
Herself then made up a nice floury/powdery paste/batter, smothered the eel in same and pan-fried same in butter until done…

Slurp, slurp…

There are fellows in this thread who will be getting stents fitted before they hit 60. However life is short and ever man has his own vice.

I had a take away dinner from KC Blakes Pantry in Salthill yesterday evening. Large beef chuck, carrots, pearl onions and mushrooms. Served with Garlic Pototoes.

Just after bacon and cabbage, I was straightening out mowers balers etc today so I was hungry for the dinner

was home over the weekend and the old lady made some noble bacon and cabbage with carrots and parnips mixed and new potatoes. This was followed by a mixed berry crumble with ice cream, washed down with copious mugs of tea. Gob bless mothers.

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken wings?

:clap:

It’s the season for it alright TC.

The best recipe I have discovered was on boards.ie and replicates the wings you get in Elephant & Castle and Tribeca. You will need a bottle of Franks original hot sauce (most shops are now stocking it) and also need to chop your wings in two at the joint and also chuck away the tail bit.

Here’s a link to the recipe - works well with a blue cheese dip.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54953902&postcount=64

Every fucker I make them for loves them.

I’d wholemeal pasta and diced chicken breast smothered in Lloyd Grossman’s Thai green curry sauce this evening. Very tasty. Did enough for a second helping too and will let the forum know how it microwaves tomorrow. Bad heartburn now but might be my own fault as I went for a nap shortly after eating.

Just havin the pre bed cupan tae now.

nice bit of sirloin this evening, I sually prefer t bone whn having steak but it was quite nice with onions, mushrooms peppers and spuds

I look forward to the dunphs review of French cuisine

Is there a more noble butchers shop in Ireland than Garreths in raheen, Limerick? I think not.

thanks for the heads up mate. does he so particularly good cuts in anything?

It’s like a carnivores sweet shop. Quality steaks, loads and loads of pre marinaded stuff that you can just bang in the oven, duck breasts, I’ve even got ostrich there in the past

any good?

i’ve had emu which i didn’t like.

Didn’t reheat very well. Was only ok.

Ya it was nice, a funny texture, I would describe it as like a really smooth fillet steak.

Was it not you who was telling people not to buy the pre marinaded meat as it was probably out of date? Or was it TRE?

Anything marinaded is most likely getting crusty.

That’s what I would have always thought. Poor Runt.

It was me that was saying it.
Garreths is different though. It’s the only place I would buy pre marinaded meat.