Ravenous

:rolleyes:

Sure it is…

:rolleyes:

caught out badly

Well Dunph what was the feeding like in France

Had my lunch in martin shanahans place in kinsale today. Have to say it was smashing.

Martin loves fish so he does.

He’s mad about it. He was knocking around the place.

What did you go for? I’d say its tough enough to narrow it down to what you want in there.

Had a few oysters to start, then the monkfish with a chorizo and green bean salad. The girlfriend had the hake and they were both top notch. Not overly expensive either.

I have had oysters before but I just don’t get the point of them really, they taste of nothing but a ball of salt.

Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Now do you get it!!

So is Horny Goat Weed but I don’t go around eating that mate.

The last thing he needs is an aphrodisiac

I wouldn’t be too bothered with them really. Would much prefer mussels

Now you’re talking, mussels are the job.

Ah stop, muscles are like a chewy snot. No comparison.

NO no no we were talking about “mussels”.

New potatoes - hard bet

I’d a bit of seasoned hake earlier with homemade chips and garden peas. Yum yum.

Anyone got any tips for handling a piping hot pitta bread from the toaster. Put a few slices of cheddar in a couple of wholemeal pittas there but by fuck they’re hot to handle when just out of the toaster and they need holding to slice them open.

I used to use a teatowel on my holding hand but have abandoned that suspecting it’s not hygienic. I live in a “green” household so we don’t have paper towels or anything like that.

I should also repeat something I’ve mentioned before - I’m awful with hot things. I can’t get tea in work that often because I need someone else to carry it for me or else I’ve to wait about 5 minutes for it to cool before carrying it, that’s with a sleeve thing.

Just about to tuck into a delicious homemade meringue too.

Ah Rocko, paper towels are an absolute essential in the kitchen.
I couldn’t survive without them.

I sympatise with your plight Rocko… Hot Hot Hot.

You could take the other option and fill your pitta before toasting George Foreman style. Dont let the cheese drip you though.

The Thermal Conductivity of the pitta is too high, the only way to lower the flow of heat through it is to place a high resistance food in series with it. (wrap it in a lettuce leaf?) :o