Ravenous

It’s the small things that make a good dinner, such as a cut of lemon with your cod.

had a cut of lemon with haddock last night. it does make all the difference

I would take a cut of lemon over hollandaise sauce every time.

I have a serious hankering for steaks these days. Pan fried with new spuds, spinich and courgettes. New spuds are fuckin awesome too

It’s hard to beat roosters spuds. The same high quality, all year round.

I picked up a tin of anchovy fillets earlier. I don’t think I’ve ever had them before. What’s the story with them? What do you have them with?

Jamie Oliver nearly uses them in every recipe, particulary with pasta dishes… In the same way fish oil is used in nearly every Thai dish.

I’m off training. I expect a wealth of suggestions for quick snacks involving anchovy fillets when I get back.

Never liked the look of those anchovy yokes.

Started work today and went to Burritos and Blues on Wexford Street for my lunch to celebrate. Tasty enough fare but I didn’t think it was anything special for the price. You’d probably make better yourself.
On the plus side, the only available chair available was at a table of language students. The French one was giving me the eye throughout. Usually a messy eater, I had to keep incessantly wiping my mouth region so as not to appear slobbish. That was a bit of a nuisance.

good for you thrawneen :clap:

First day of real work in 2 years, 11 months and 1 day.

On a related note, wot does people think is the best Mexican food in Dublin?

Out for a run there and nearly had an accident. Made it home in time and ran up to the jacks and made an unholy catastrophe of a mess and a stench.
The “Blues” part of the name must refer to the fact that you may shit yourself after eating there.

I’m currently eating all around me. After coming home and cooking a nice pot of mince, I did some serious damage to it on pasta. I followed this with a classic bar before hitting the finale of a nice bowl of muesli. I’m running at about 10-12 bowls of the shit at the moment. Love it.

You mustn’t be able to hold your spices or beans bro. Or maybe there’s an underlying problem. Try the Medical Advice thread. I’ve had the burrito from there many times, often after a night’s hughheinzing and never had the slightest bother.

Though to answer your first question, I’d much prefer Boojum on Milleniium Walkway. Great selection of reasonable Mexican and
world beers too. Worth a go if this bad experience doesn’t turn you into a gastronomic Jan Brewer.

Had a feed of stew there this evening but I had to have a bowl of it there 10 minutes ago it was so nice

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would murder a fry up now…

whats stopping you

I was going to report you missing today when I was reading this thread. I havn’t had a proper dinner in days. The weekend was a write off from going racing and drinking and then abnormal work hours. God bless porridge in the mornings.

Don’t have the contents for it in the house…

For the rest of my known life i will never again enter a Burger King establishment. I have for some time detested the place and it is years since i darkened one of their doors. Until earlier this evening that is, when for convenience sake i went in and got the double whopper meal, super size. Bad food. Bad service. Overpriced. No tomatoe ketchup. Other fat people everywhere.

Fuck you Burger King. I wish great harm upon thee.