Ravenous

Some lovely sea bass season with chilly flakes, few spuds in jackets cut in half with some real butter and some broccoli . Followed by a half pack of ginger nuts… Fucking stuffed.

Thai chilly cod starter and a beef green curry followed by some nice homemade chocolate and nut biscuits. Savage!

I’m usually grand with the spices SD, but I do have a bad oul stomach, probably from years of alcohol and drug abuse. Anyway, I’d never let something like that put me off. Sure what’s the worst that could happen? I could shit my pants. Big deal.
Was in Boojum once and it was good. I believe there’s a place on Baggot Street so might venture down there next week.
Today’s lunch was Zaytoon. 8.50 for the chicken sheesh with chips and drink. Fucking stuffed after it and pretty much all day since. Quality fare.

What / Where is the place on Baggot Street, Thrawneen?

Just had a bowl of Frosties for dinner. They were great. A Whole Nut and a cup of tea now for afters.

Pablo Picante, 131 Baggot Street, wherever the fuck that is.

Frosties for dinner? You’ll waste away, so you will.

I’m eating fish about 4-5 times a week, and when i eat it it’ll be for lunch and dinner. Typically, i’ll have tuna sandwiches for lunch and then maybe breaded cod fillets for dinner. Am i eating too much fish? Can’t say i’m getting sick of it tbh, if anything i grow more fond of it by the day…

You’ll have brains to burn.

you could not be eating better dunph :clap:

I’ve been reading online that eating too much tuna could be detrimental, something about mercury poisoning…

Tuna boosts testosterone levels as well Dunph, full of Vitamin D. Not sure the madame’s will appreciate the smell of it though.

Scaremongering by pregnancy fascists Dunph. No conclusive proof in my opinion. That research suggests it only collects in bigger fish anyway and most tinned tuna would be from smaller fish.

The mercury might be a good excuse for any rise in your weight, though.

Tuna is the job alright. You shouldn’t be eating too much of that breaded stuff though.

Anyone know any good fish dinners that are relatively straightforward to make?

Fillet of hake, butter on some pesto, coat with breadcrumbs on top of this, then grate some cheese on top, onto a dish and into the oven. Delish.

Fish dinners are probably the handiest to make.

Get a nice bit of sea bass, season with a little bit of salt of pepper, heat the pan until it’s nice and hot, small drop of oil, cook the bass skin side down for 3 minutes then flip over and other couple of minutes of the other side and your done.
and a few oven cooked handcut chips
A quick salsa and maybe a few garden peas.

A nice sauce to make to put over white fish, melt a bit of butter in the pan after cooking, once it starts to froth add a good squeeze of lemon and some chopped parsley to it, cook for another 30s or so, and pour over the fish.

:clap:

Happy for the woman that will get you Runt.

:rolleyes:

Take no notice of the Runt, WTB. Just remove the fish from it’s box and place in the oven for 30mins.

same as runts except the sauce is made with cream lemon and chopped fresh chives, add the lemon juice first to stop the cream turning. savage.

my other favourite is a very simple

put seasoned salmon in a cooking dish at one end and squeeze lemon over. blanch some green beans for a few mins mix up with cherry tomatoes basil leaves and olive oil, season- add lemon and pile in other side of dish. oven cook for 20 mins- best served with new home grown potatoes and butter.

I have to question any advice from the Limerick lads on fish especiall saltwater fish, limerick being a land locked county and all

2 mackeral fried in butter with spuds and peas, a pair kippers for lunch is a fine meal too.

:rolleyes:

Limerick has TWO ports, one of which is the deepest port in Ireland.

Have you done your junior cert yet?