Ravenous

thats an estuary pal not the sea, talk to costal lads like kinvarras passion about sea food

Martin from Fishy Fish offers the best advice. ‘the sea is salty, but fish aren’t salty, so add salt’…

Don’t mind that lad. Goat stew is the only recipe he knows.

ate in a place called the top deck in athlone last wednesday night
two main courses bottle of wine tea coffee only 45 euro.

huge selection on the menu all of which are available for a tenner midweek. deserts and starters loked pricy but the food was very good and despite their being maybe 30 odd tables in the place every one of them was full all night from the time we sat down at 7.30 until we left.and people were waiting for tables the whole time

nice to see a lad serving good grub at a good price getting the return for it.

Ah lads fish is vile and should only be eaten by peasants

I would be intereste to hear what the consensus on the board is towards Topic bars

I haven’t had one in a while but I think I remember being nothing special. Have they the nuts in the them or are they wafer and nougat?

hazelnuts, nougat and a small bit of caramel

No doubt giving out that advice makes a nice change from ‘have you tried turning the computer on and off’ that you usually dish out.

Nice pun

sea bass ready to devour here… oh my jesus thats tasty.

Topics are gorgeous. As is fish. Need to get out fishing one of these evening and get some mackerel in.

Sea bass is a horrible fish farmed to shite in Greece and shipped here frozen. I wouldn’t touch the stuff. Plenty of fresh caught Irish fish to eat

Sea bass in the shops is horrible stuff, sea bass caught on a fine evening off the shore with a bit of lug worm is sensational. I had a nice bit of baked pollock the other day. A very under rated fish that any man could catch from the shore.

I caught a pollock in Dingle last year.
A very tasty bit of fish.

Most ‘cod’ sold in traditional chippers is in fact pollock

I never cared for pollock until I had it battered and deep fried

Are you codding me? That’s pure pollock acting.

Can you cook sausages in the oven?

I never have, but yes you can

Depends on the quality of the sausage dunph