Ravenous

will I want spuds with pasta carbonara dunph

Had a superb king prawn baltic earlier from the Inian with rice and nan bread. I also had scallops for starters as they were a total novelty to me. They were plain enough i thought, but glad i pushed the boat out and experimented nevertheless…

Agreed, pure peasant food, bacon and cabbage with the shit boiled out of it

Bacon and cabbage can be fantastic. The sodium content surely leads to an early grave though.

Nice on very rare occassions.

I cant imagine facing into it day upon day. We uses to eat every saturday when we were younger… could never do an hours work after a feed of it. Throw a few stones up on the wall and lie over on the ground afterwards to recover. Weak as water…

For fuck sake :rolleyes:

It is pure dirge.

Easy see why it is a staple of the farmers diet, cheap and bland as fuck and a retard could cook it

Nonsense

So you think that it is a tough dish to cook.

My auld lad can make it and he can’t even heat up baked beans in a pot correctly.

To get this thread back on track I am just after my usual sunday dinner of Steak and Chips. Just after opening a bag of Rowntree’s pick and mix now

1. It’s not the staple farmer’s diet.
  2. Anyone can ‘make’ most dishes but making them well is another story.

Obviously if your cook was a man who can’t heat up beans he’s unlikely to do justice to the dish.

Twas the mother who would make it but if needed to it was one of the few meals the father could russell up.

I would say that 99% of the spinster farmers around the country would have bacon and cabbage at least twice a week and a sizable majority of them would have every second day on average

Bacon and cabbage is top class, are you mad or what?! Bacon must be smoked though. I usually boil it for a while then roast it to finish it, and cook the cabbage in the water from the bacon.

Had stuffed pork steaks, roast spuds, carrot and parsnip and gravy earlier. Delish.

No meat should be boiled ye tards.

you should be shot for treason

Bacon and cabbage is one of my favourite dishes, when done well it is different gravy. I have never made it myslef as it is too elaborate but i do like the bacon to be baked. I would still eat boiled bacon quite comfortably.

Just after a beef sandwich with brown sauce and kit kat with a cup of tea…

[quote=“The Dunph, post: 292211”]
Bacon and cabbage is one of my favourite dishes, when done well it is different gravy.[/quote]

It is quite different to gravy alright

Starving today. I think it’s because I didn’t have a proper lunch. Had a big chicken tikka masala dinner, and I’ve had two apples, two tuna sandwiches, and a pint of milk since. Still hungry.

Then eat something proper you fuckin eijit…

Like what? A packet of rolos?

Like a side of ham or bowl of start…

Perversely I combined both bacon and beans this evening. I’m gasping with thirst now to be honest. I didn’t bother with the cabbage.

I’m going to bug Puke now and declare that I’m thinking of having a cup of hot chocolate. Classic Uncle Tom maneuver for this time of night.