Ravenous

I had a similar experience at lunchtime that wasn’t food related. I purchased an item in PC World that retailed at €100. However, if I was willing to take a 4GB memory stick along with it I could have both for €79.99. Huzzah!

I had a sandwich (not prepacked) from Dunnes at lunchtime with Turkey, Lettuce and Red Onion along with a pack of Cheese and Onion Hunky Dorys. It was noble.

+1

It is the only thing that would have me venturing in there…

I had a subway as well due being in a rush. Had this new Chicken Temptation. Its basically a hot chicken roll. Wasn’t great and cost me more then my usual BMT and water costs.

What are you buying bottled water for? Could you not just go around with an empty plastic bottle like i do and fill it with tap water as you go…

Christ on a bike, you really are having a bad day

No, I can’t. The water is 3rd world here. Completely full of lime. It’d poison you.

Which would have more nutrients in it. The “fresh” veg in the supermarket or the good quality frozen veg?

You left out the “fresh” veg you can buy in a bag pre-washed and pre-diced. Frozen veg doesn’t cut ice with me i’m not a fan at all.

If the frozen veg was that good, then why would they freeze it?

Because apparently if it’s frozen straight away then it retains it’s nutrients far better than veg that is weeks going from farm to shop.
Have you never watched a Green Giant ad?

Yeah but I don’t believe their marketing spiel. How much of the frozen veg could you buy “fresh” anyway? Broccoli, carrots (baby ones)?

That’s a bizarre statement.
Pretty much all of it bar peas.

Google seems to back up the theory that frozen veg can often be better than “fresh” veg. Especially when purchasing veg that it out of season.

I’ve phrased that question the wrong way around. What “fresh” veg can you buy frozen? Broccoli & baby carrots?

Brocolli, carrots, peas, sweet corn, califlour, peppers, green beans, etc etc etc

Eating a stew here…

Smoked cod, chips, portion of curry sauce from Borza in Donnybrook. Absolutely fantastic.
A Caramac bar and a cup of tea for dessert.

Curry chips and fish?

Had a striploin myself, was an expensive peice from a butcher that kills his own cattle but to be honest I was disappointed with it. Was a bit tough.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
tis that time of year alright I had a cottage pie this evening

Lads will ye ever buy veg off a green grocer veg from the supermarket is shit

I get that question a lot but a nice bit of smoked cod with some chip covered in curry sauce is fucking delicious. I never get curry chips though, always chips with a portion of curry sauce for pouring. I find curry chips too soggy and stodgy, you lose any bit of crispiness the single of chips has and it’s like baby food.

Which makes for wonderful drunken food