Ravenous

This evening I made a very simple recipe that I saw on the Waterways programme about the Royal Canal recently.

Grated potatoes with the juice squeezed out, optional grated onion for taste, a small bit of buttermilk and flour. Mix the lot until it becomes doughy. Pick up a fistful, flatten it with a flat spoon and then fry. And that’s Dunph’s favourite, boxty.

Wonderful hangover food.

:rolleyes:

Just after a king prawn curry but i was less than enamoured with it tonight…

:clap:

Wouldn’t have it with smoked cod as I don’t like smoked fish but the above is tasty with any other type of battered fish.

Classic Mac :clap:

Just had a lovely lump of Sirloin Steak there, a nice thick cut, cooked it rare with some onions and baked a spud in the oven for 90 minutes which I topped with beans and a dollop of brown sauce

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 292342”]
baked a spud in the oven for 90 minutes [/quote]

I think your oven is broken

No, I like to leave it on that long so that the spud is pretty much falling apart and is almost like fluff in the middle. I could easily have microwaved it for 7 or 8 minutes but they are never as nice.

Just after a glorious chicken balti effort that i cooked myself, i even added a sliced tomatoe while cooking it at the finish. I had two bottles of cobra beer eating it and am having a few mini rolls and a cup of tea now. This is living…

I discovered something very interesting last night. Zaytoon deliver. So I excitedly ordered a Chicken Shish Kebab meal and, when it hadn’t arrived after an hour, I rang them because they told me delivery time was 30 minutes. Yer man apologised and said it seemed the order hadn’t been input on the system. So I told him the order again. Then I waited another half hour before some delivery guy dickhead rang me looking for directions to my apartment. He rang around another 5 times over the next twenty minutes and couldn’t grasp very straightforward directions. At one stage he suggested that he would stand by the nearby post office and I could collect it from him there. I’d ordered a fucking delivery so I turned that suggestion down. Eventually I got my food circa 2 hours after my initial 7pm order. It meant I’d gone 25 hours without eating and I was fucking starving. Surprisingly enough, the food was rather cold. Very upsetting.

They won’t be in any rush to take orders off you again, paying yerman two hours worth of wages to try to find where you live. They are down probably €15 for the experience.

Yer man was some thick cunt. My apartment is at the intersection of two well known streets. I simply can’t fathom how the cunt couldn’t find it.

He probably couldn’t find it because he got into a Dublin taxi.

I had a disgusting Chinese earlier. Fillet of beef in hot garlic sauce. Sugar-sweet foulness without a hint of garlic off it. Should have stuck to the curries.

Sounds to me like they don’t, they get somewhere they think is close to where you live and ask you to pick it up off them. :lol:

I have come to the opinion that Indians are the new Chinese…

I had a similar experience tonight as well. Got a crispy chilli chicken dish in a new chinese close by. I can safely say I only got crispy chilli. No chicken. I have a few bottles of Tiger beer and a packet of disgestives to keep me going though. Tiger is possibly the nicest beer I’ve drank ever.

Sunday night is steak night.
Lots of steak night to be more precise.

Tiger beer is nice alright. Are you still living “rough”?

Yes, for 1 more week. Its been 5 weeks since i’ve had a proper dinner. I’d get the odd take away on a weekend.

What are you eating during the week then if you can’t cook a dinner and are only getting takeaways at the weekend?

You’ll be like the fella who ate nothing but McDonalds for 5 or so weeks if you’re not careful. You need spuds, bacon & cabbage, stews etc for a healthy diet…