Ravenous

What’s the best cure for a burning mouth from chillies?
Had a competition with a lad earlier to see who could eat the most fresh whole chillies. I won after 3 but I’m on fire now. A litre of milk has done nothing for me. This was the worst idea ever.

Beer, and lots of it. An ale or smooth german beer probably best. The less fizz / gas the better.

In the end I ate a spoon of salt and after swirling it around my mouth for a while the burning eased.

Best cure is actually to eat more of them 2RE, they cancel each other out after a while. I’m not messing, try it and let us know.

What are lads at this year for the dinner will the mothers be feeding the most of ye ?? Or are ye hosting Christmas and how many are ye catering for?? And of course finally what will be on the menu??

Myself I will be having 7 and maybe 8, o the menu will be prawn cocktail, goose, ham, mash, sprouts, carrots and parsnip, roasted beetroot, roast spuds, trifle, Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, wine, port , brand, the day will be started early with a massive fry about 10am a drop of spur for lunch followed by the main even about 6

I’ll be spending Christmas in a Hotel for the first time ever this year. Not really sure what to expect but it’ll be better than that time I spent it in a tent.

Being sophisticated sorts who hail from eastern Limerick we generally have monkfish and ham or chicken and ham with roasties and veg with brown rice in a curry-ish sauce. That’s followed by my mother’s peerless pavlova. A fine a meal as you could possibly wish for.
My favourite moment of Christmas is when the old man takes the ham out of the oven on Christmas eve so you can have a slice or two for a taste. Magic stuff. Dog bless you all.

Tearing into the ham Christmas Eve is possibly my favourite part of christmas

Nom nom nom, bit of mustard, nom nom nom, bit of relish nom nom nom

:rolleyes:

Can i please come round?

I’ve taken to eating cherry pie alot recently as well. I heat it up first and put loads of vanilla ice cream on it. Generally i’ll have a bowl of it every day after my dinner. It’s noble stuff.

Double post

No problem At all dunph I will send a PM with my address and directions as well as GPS coordinated for the nearest helipad BUT I doubt you will be eating pot noodle that day I expect Christmas day will be big day in the dunph household ???

We’ll be eating well that day alright. If i don’t come round that day i will another day and we can eat a big feed, send on your directions anyway…

Just after having a big fry-up about 10mins ago, i’m fairly full after it.

Lads, how many days grace would you give out of date eggs? I’ve fuck all in the fridge except for 15 eggs so it’s an omlette or nothing tonight.

I wouldn’t eat them beyond their use by date but i’m finicky like that. They’d probably be good for another day but if it’s a few days i’d leave it…

If you put them in water and they float they are bad.
Also since u are cracking them anyway you’d be able to tell by sight & smell

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Would you be prepared to give a preview of the christams dinner are ye are turkey or a goose house??

Eggs should be eathen within a week of leaving the hens hole

Strictly turkey and ham in our house. We’d always have a prawn cocktail to start as well. I’m ashamed to say i’ve never tried goose…