Ravenous

Would you boil the sweet potato in the same pot and for the same length of time as the potato?

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 294618”]

Would you boil the sweet potato in the same pot and for the same length of time as the potato?[/quote]

Generally id chop up a sweet potato and roast it. They cook much quicker than spuds.

Just finished a duck brest with garlic baby potatoes and roasted veg courtesy of Garret’s. Stuffed now.

Nice.

Horsebox, I cut them up to the same size small chunks and boiled em all together, was in a rush. Seasoning and butter and mash them up once drained and steamed of then. I always put in regular potatoes too when mashing sweet potato as I find sweet potato can be a bit gluey on their own.

Just devoured a 250kg bag of brazil nuts drizzled in dark chocolate…

Lamb chops roasted in freshly ground cumin and coriander seeds with spuds steamed brocolli and carrots and a heap of garlic butter. Fantastic stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

:clap:

I have a few lamp chops defrosting here for tomorrows lunch, the cumin and coriander sounds nice.

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1350677989’ post=‘690622’]

I have a few lamp chops defrosting here for tomorrows lunch, the cumin and coriander sounds nice.[/quote]

Try it kp. You will not regret it.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

I had a funny one the other day in Bosnia, steak with chocolate chilli sauce, bits of lettace, veg, potatoes and rice. Remarkably tasty cooked by a grandmother type and washed down with Sarajevsko (sic) beer.

What were you doing in Bosnia in the name of God?

On holiday.

Just had a fine meal this minute, nice large cod fillet quickly fried in butter and some chunky home-made oven chips (yes oven chips) blanched for four minutes and baked for 15 under a drizzle of sea salt, pepper and olive oil. My meal was once again let down by the absense of a proper vegetable, pea puree or mushy peas would have been the job but sadly I’d neglected to get any so I had to make do with what I had. I don’t see the problem with oven chips on this thread, once you chip them yourself of course. Blanching is key for me as I hate ‘raw’ chips in the middle.

How do you blanch them without a deep fat fryer SS? Just leave them in for 10 minutes longer than recommended and you’re laughing.

:clap:

I just blanch em in a regular saucepan Horsebox, had about five chipped spuds in there this evening, boil for 4 mins then strain and straight into an oven up to the max, quick seasoning then and you’re away for slates. As nice a chip as I’ve eaten. This deep fat frying thing went out with the washboard.

You have some job, i don’t know anyone who takes as many holidays as you. :lol:

:o :o :o Jesus Christ!

he´ll need to bring an axe to break up that dump next time he goes to the shitter…

I was hoping for some solidarity on the oven chips front mate rather than a commentry on my very rare jaunts abroad. This is the ravenous thread after all.

I am going to go to the chipper in the next 15mins for a garlic chip and cheese unless anyone can persuade me otherwise. I haven’t had one in years and from what i remember they are ghastly things, just have a terrible urge to have one after seeing someone eating one earlier.

Do they have shit-in-a-tray merchants in France, Dunph? My advice is don’t do it, make yourself a nice home-cooked meal. Though it is getting late over there now, pushing on for half 8.

Dunph, I heard a rumour today that Eddie Rockets now has franchises in the UK, albeit not called Eddie Rockets but Ed’s Easy Dinner and for all intents and purposes are the same as the ones back home

Can’t be long before they pop up in France