Ravenous

It was fantastic and it drew much deserved compliments from my fellow diners.

Why? It says Irish beef across the packet and says on the back it’s all produced in Ireland and then packaged wherever it was, also in Ireland. Advertising laws don’t allow that to be untrue.

Did you ever get one of the beef rolls any time you were above at the Junciton for the races, they were fair nice but well priced.

How much are we talking?

Think they were around €8 but when you are cold and hungry up there on a November or December evening you would be mad for it. It was with hot roast beef carvery style and there would be salad, coleslaw etc layed out on a table if you wanted to fill the roll with that too…

€8 for a sandwich? They must have had big windows up there mate.

Any slow cooker recipes?
I’ve never used one before but getting one during the week.

What’s the benefits of these Runt, what sort of costs are we talking…

I’m getting one from someone that bought it and never used it but I saw one in the Aldi or Lidl flier this week for €22.
You can throw your stew or whatever into it in the morning and it cooks away on a low heat for the day, resulting in lovely hot dinner waiting for you on your return from work. Sort of like getting a wife without the hassle.

Do these slow cookers pretend to have a headache 6 nights of the week.

Is it not dangerous leaving an electrical appliance like that on all day in an empty house…

It is Dunph, but by God Fridges are trustworthy bastards :lol:

No, I think they work on a very low wattage.
No more dangerous than leaving your TV on standby.

Don’t worry Dump, I was ridiculed also for asking the same question recently.

I remember when those hot beef rolls were £2.50…they went to hell altogether during the Celtic Tiger, went up a euro every six months. They are lovely, I’d nearly put on a roast tomorrow just to have the makings of one.

Bought one about 3 months ago… used excessively for the first month and haven’t used since… must bring it out one of the nights again and do a lamb curry.

If you flick back a few pages on this thread I think there were a few suggestions Runt. Cant remember the contributor.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 294673”]

Would you mind posting a recipe for your lamb curry please mate? I had accepted, rather foolishly, for the 30 years I lived on this planet, that I didn’t like lamb. Tried some of the mother’s roast lamb about 3 months ago(previous to that she would always make an alternative for me, bless her) and I realised that I very much like lamb-can’t get enough of it since.

seriously- how is this mong still posting here

pull the plug on him please admin

good question mate- always wondered that myself

:rolleyes: I’m starting to like you.