Ravenous

Just after another toasted sandwich before my dinner from my toasted sandwich maker. It’s messy enough, there is bits of cheese that spilled out now on the surface of the machine, i wonder should i clean it after every use. :strokechin:

Had a great lunch from The Paella Guys at the Village Market on Mespil Road. Half and half. One half - chorizo and chicken paella and the other half cous cous with moorish metballs with garlic sauce on top. It was fantastic and I doubt I’ll need to eat for the rest of the evening. Great value at 8 lids. It’s easy to see why they have the longest queue at these Village Market thingys.

I wouldn’t, the Dunph. Its all part of the process of seasoning the sandwich toaster. I have one for a good 25 years now and apart from the odd wipe with a bit of kitchen paper ( say every five or ten years or so ) I’d never clean it and the sandwiches get better with each passing year.

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_dansweeney/homer-drool.gif

Yes! I used love that place. No garlic sauce or cous cous for me though, more room for meatballs.

Fagan on the ball again as usual… :clap:

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 294840”]

I wouldn’t, the Dunph. Its all part of the process of seasoning the sandwich toaster. I have one for a good 25 years now and apart from the odd wipe with a bit of kitchen paper ( say every five or ten years or so ) I’d never clean it and the sandwiches get better with each passing year.[/quote]
No offence fagan and I doubt you’d take any, but thats fucking disgusting.

None taken, Mbb. That’s how to get the best out of these appliances however. The very high temperatures employed in the toasting of a sandwich creates an environment utterly hostile to all life forms meaning that bacteria don’t stand a chance in this environment.

he’s right, same for a wok, just rinse lightly with water, never use suds/chemicals etc

He said wipe it once every 5 years or so iirc, least you can do is wipe it with Kitchen Towel after each use.

yeah, i meant you just rinse the wok once every 3 1/2 years max, but that depends where you live, there is a lot of lime in the water down here in clare due to the proximity to the burren etc, for us, once every 5 years would be spot on

Same with a barbeque shure… have mine 4 years now, filled to the brim with fat. Brings out a lovely flavour.

Went on fire recently though so might need to empty out some of the drippings.

Mbb, we have moved now into the very high concept area of seasoning various kitchen appliances. This is the point where metallurgy, chemistry and cookery intersect. You are way out of your depth here and if I could give you two words of advice they would be back off.

I appreciate the advice, but just to remind you, where I came into this was a lad talking about whether he should wipe off melted cheese from a sandwich toaster. Then again the same fella has been waxing lyrical about toasted sandwiches, so its all relative.

How’s your heart Fagan?

Are you for real pal. You don’t know the difference between sauté and shite the jaysus

A1

Just after a lovely roast chicken dinner.

About to have a cup of tea now with a Kit Kat.

Went up to Union Square in Terenure yesterday for a late lunch with herself. Had a red wine and beef hotpot with garlic spuds and she had some class of a chicken salad. Very generous portions, lovely place with nice and relaxed service, 3 glasses of wine and the two meals cost €40. Great spot altogether. Will be back to try the dinner menu.

Dinner?

Had two lovely garlic and herb sausages, scrambled egg, multi grain toast and St.Agur blue cheese washed down with a cup of coffee.