Ravenous

little good to you when you have the palate and the breeding of a fucking hyena

cooked a glorious ham today, soaked the little bitch in cider overnight, boiled it for a few hours in the cider and finished it off in the oven with a honey/mustard/brown sugar glaze along with the customary cloves.
its almost cooled and im wolfing large chunks that im tearing off the cunt for the last hour. ill eat nothing else but this ham with a bit of brown bread, cheese and onion for the rest of the day.
the caramlised bits on the outside are to die for.

Great stuff. Just took mine out of the oven there now. Soaked it for twenty four hours. Three changes of water. Honey and mustard glaze. No cloves. It looks fucking beautiful. I have the bottle of port decanted as well.

When they come out of the oven in that caramelised state, fuck me it is almost arousing.

Maybe you should glaze the wife.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 295280”]

Great stuff. Just took mine out of the oven there now. Soaked it for twenty four hours. Three changes of water. Honey and mustard glaze. No cloves. It looks fucking beautiful. I have the bottle of port decanted as well.[/quote]

Did you throw your load across the back of her too?

I have a couple of pieces of chicken on the bone here that I got out of the freezer to defrost late sunday night and have been in the fi
fridge since early Monday morning. Not sure if I should cook them, would normally smell them to see if they were alright for cooking but that isn’t an option as my both my nostrels are blocked. Any other way to tell if Chicken is alright or not. Looks fine but would like to make sure

Very much looking forward to a turkey, ham, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich after the Liverpool game.

For fuck sake they’ll be grand.

Had the Christmas dinner there for the second time at lunchtime. Just after a lovely salad now of the Christmas ham, a block of smoked Knockanore cheese, salad leaves, tomato and scallion, with a bit of balsamic and olive oil. Lovely, so it was.

Have always found the second day of the turkey better than the first for some reason, savage few cuts there yesterday, far more enjoyable experience. Skipload of beer last night hasn’t turned out the best for the stomach today though :shakefist:

Did you eat the chicken in the end?

Turkey and ham pie tonight. That’ll be the end of the turkey. Another few days left in the ham though.

I’ll be dining on Turkey Vol au Vents tonight, nice mushrooms sauce, cant be beaten as a way of wrapping up the last of it. Tis enough.

I like to fry up the end of the ham and have it with some oven chips with some dip. Or else eat it warmed up with some good coleslaw in a white roll (hey, it’s the holidays). Not exactly fine dining but it’ll round of the Christmas in an apt style.

You are your cutting comments can fuck right off

If its chewy don’t eat it Louie

This thread can’t get away from oven chips.

I never eat spuds at home so I never do them homemade. And, anyway, every drunk needs a bag of oven chips in their freezer for lethargic occasions. Especially, as Kevin McCallister might say, around The Holidays.

I presume its a windup at this stage, theres no way utter shit like oven chips could be this prevalent.