Ravenous

I bought a Tefal Actifry in the sales today. Cooks the chips in a teaspoon of oil. Frozen chips, no oil. Chips are very nice I must confess v

I was looking at these for a while. I had a deep fat fryer before but where I’m renting is too small and the whole place stank after using it so got rid of it. Would you let me know what the smell factor is like with it after you cook a batch up please. Also heard it takes up to 40 minutes depending on what type of potato you use for home made chips. Please confirm if true or false.

Just had a massive feed there. Leftover turkey and ham with oven chips and chip shop curry sauce. Had a few cuts of bread on the side so had some leftover ham and turkey and oven chips and curry sandwiches. A noble feed.

Why not just fill a pot with cooking oil and get it boiling? You can re-use the oil too. Even Donegal Catch tastes decent after being deep fat fried. This is not haute cuisine, I stress, and know, but it’s superb when you couldn’t be arsed cooking.

Good one.

Yumm…nobley.

There are no smells at all. I reckon it takes 25-27 minutes to cook a decent batch of perfect chips. They are a big piece of kit and you might struggle to find a press to fit it in.

Just polished off the turkey and ham pie there. Almost the culinary highlight of the Christmas

Just had the same followed by a helping of key lime pie. Will pull out the cheese board in a while and have a selection of cheese and crackers…

With the missus out, I was over in my folk’s house where I tucked into a fine sirloin steak with a heap of fried onion and mushrooms, brocolli and boiled potatoes. With no dessert and in a hurry to get the little lady to bed, I had to take a couple of chocolate kimberly for the road. Having done the bath and bottle, I’m now downstairs watching rerun of match of the day, with a bottle of carraig dubh beer and a plate of nice cheese. A brie, a goat’s cheese and a lovely smoked cheese. Get in there!

That’s a smashing evening… Enjoy.

Same drill as myself mate… hit for the parents house when herself heads away! The ould fella keeping the young lady entertained whilst the mother rustles up a feed!

I’m n dinner duty tonight… Thai green curry simmering away here on the hob.

2 tsp of Thai Green curry paste, chopped courgette, chopped onion, 2 Cloves of crushed garlic, 2 tsp fish sause all strewn together with a can of full fat coconut milk with 2 chicken brests thrown in.

Served with Brown rice in about 15 mins.

Not sure what I’ll wash it down with yet, have a few bottles of some German winterbrew beer here from Aldi that are fierce tasty, one of these might be as good as any.

Cheers Fagan, what price are we talking about in the sales at the minute?

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1356719554’ post=‘717857’]I’m n dinner duty tonight… Thai green curry simmering away here on the hob.

2 tsp of Thai Green curry paste, chopped courgette, chopped onion, 2 Cloves of crushed garlic, 2 tsp fish sause all strewn together with a can of full fat coconut milk with 2 chicken brests thrown in.

Served with Brown rice in about 15 mins.

Not sure what I’ll wash it down with yet, have a few bottles of some German winterbrew beer here from Aldi that are fierce tasty, one of these might be as good as any.[/quote]

I’m a big fan of this kp. A few questions.
What brand paste do you use?
Do you ever add lime or sugar?

Juhniallio pal… I have learned at my loss that the paste appears to be the key to this dish. Tonights fare was quite bland indeed and I am laying the blame firmly with the Tesco branded paste. I would usually use MAE PLOY branded stuff which I pick up at the Asian Market in Galway however being Christmas I didnt get a chance to go in there this week.

Some Kaffir lime leaves were added during the simmering process. I have never added sugar. You?

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1356726303’ post=‘717888’]Juhniallio pal… I have learned at my loss that the paste appears to be the key to this dish. Tonights fare was quite bland indeed and I am laying the blame firmly with the Tesco branded paste. I would usually use MAE PLOY branded stuff which I pick up at the Asian Market in Galway however being Christmas I didnt get a chance to go in there this week.

Some Kaffir lime leaves were added during the simmering process. I have never added sugar. You?[/quote]

Mae ploy or thai gold are good. Havn’t found any others that are decent. You can guard against a shit one by chopping in a tonne of ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli. A teaspoon of sugar works a treat too. Any left over white wine you may have is a definite goer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

Not cheap. The small one you might get for around 150 and the large one for about 190

Roast rib of beef, carrots, mashed turnip, sprouts, roast potato, homemade Yorkshire pudding, gravy, bit of horseradish and mustard on the side. Lovely feed.

Just had a big bucket of KFC chicken, chips and coleslaw.