Ravenous

10/10 mate :clap:

Hereself is away this evening so I cheated and pulled into Supermacs in Gort on the way home and had a snack box meal with a portion of curry on the side.

Strangley enough it has satisfied me.

I can see a few penguin bars out of the corner of my eye here… :guns:

That sounds very good.

As does this.

Had Asian chicken noodle soup myself tonight. Ginger is a helluva spice

Had a lovely thai earlier but suddenly remembered we had a romantica in the freezer.

I’ve just finished licking the plate!

Roast leg of lamb. Winter cabbage with butter. Carrots. Roast Potato. Gravy and mint sauce. Beautiful.

No curry?

T bone steak(rare) With garlic butter, fried potatoes and colmans mustard. Fried mushrooms and onions, broccoli and sprouts were the veg of choice. Delicious.

And i’ve the new slow cooker out for tomorrow’s dinner.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 295343”]

And i’ve the new slow cooker out for tomorrow’s dinner.[/quote]

Post a few ideas mate. I need to dust off my one and get it going again.

No. That’s a Tipperary affectation.

Just sitting down to a Aberdeen Angus burger that i fried up with some onions and have put in a burger bun with a bit of tomatoe and slice of cheese on top. Also having a few cans of Old Speckled Hen while watching a comedy on the tv - the bdo world darts championship.

Made up a soup there out of the carcass of a chicken and whatever veg I found, carrots, a potato, a sweet potato, a yellow pepper, an onion, some garlic some herbs and half a chilli. Was fantastic. Cooked a frittata while waiting for it with onion, garlic, potatoes, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, leftover baked ham and feta. Also fantastic. Plenty tea to wash it down.

Homemade soup is the business for Jan. Cheap and healthy after the Christmas excesses.

Just had some lovely whiting, spuds and broccoli.

Patted some flour, chilli flakes and dried basil onto each piece with some salt and pepper, then whisked an egg with a drop of water and again patted that over each piece before putting on another layer of the dry ingredients again. Delicious… Had two glenisk goats milk yogurts after it and I’m fine and full now.

Just had another Aberdeen Angus burger there fried up with onions and placed in a toasted bun, a slice of cheese and two cuts of tomatoe on top. Some oven chips complimented the dish.

A bit of whiting is absolutely lovely.

On a related note, does anyone know anywhere decent and reasonably cheap in Dublin city or south to buy fresh fish? The fishmonger in my affluent D4 neighbourhood charges a hefty sum. Too hefty for me.

The best lad for fish in my other haunt is the oul lad who works out the back of a van in Gorey. He’d be all sold out most days by 11am and will gladly give anyone credit if they’ve no cash on them and will settle up the next week. “Ah don’t worry about da money, da money’s not important”. He’s everything that’s right about the northern seaside area of the Model County.

That was mannerly of them.

:lol: :clap:

:lol:

:lol:

Wahey!

There’s fuck all round the place thraw. There is a market behind a school on Pearse Street every Saturday where I go the odd time but that’s about it. There is a wonderful fishmongers down by Smithfield but I can rarely get in there during business hours. Apart from that you’re looking at the fishmongers in Superquinn in Blackrock or Ranelagh which are only barely ok.

What a joke. I know you can get the stuff down at the harbours but that’s not really a realistic proposition also. In the summer myself and my associates can go out and catch bags of fresh mackerel in an hour or two. We should all be eating fish most days, if there was any sense.