Ravenous

What the hell is old speckled hen ? LAGER OR BITTER OR WHAT?

I thought you’d be down in bullock harbour at the crack of dawn fetching the bargains

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 295357”]

What a joke. I know you can get the stuff down at the harbours but that’s not really a realistic proposition also. In the summer myself and my associates can go out and catch bags of fresh mackerel in an hour or two. We should all be eating fish most days, if there was any sense.
[/quote] out here on the Howth peninsula we have an absolute plethora of top quality fish shops. We are spoilt for choice.

you still have to drive to howth peer to get the best…the likes of wrights in Marino is quite expensive…

Weren’t Wrights done for passing off cheap fish as more expensive fish to the affluent but clueless locals?

Symptomatic of most things on the north side. A cheap imitation of the real deal

It’s a national disgrace thraw-I didn’t work hard and look great my whole life to live in an area with sparse quality fresh fish available. I eat seafood about 4 times a week so it’s a weekly struggle to get good quality seafood. I highly recommend the Farmer’s market on Pearse Street on Saturdays though-not just seafood either but fantastic poultry and produce on offer too.

I don’t live round there anymore for work reasons but that’s where we’d go fishing from when the evenings grow longer. It’s like Cockleshell Bay down there with all the harbour folk. They’re a quare breed.

Just getting back to the gym again but am ravenous after a session this evening. Had baked salmon which had been marinated in soy sauce honey ginger and lemon with a heap brown rice and stir fry vegetables for a dinner. Hardly made a dent in the hunger so had two scrambled eggs an brown bread with avocado just there. I am still hungry and don’t know where to go from here. Maybe ice-cream.

:clap: :lol:

Went out and got a few ‘Baking Potatoes’ as they were called loose from the supermarket as needed to go to the butchers anyway for Steak and Guinness Pies. Put the spud (it was big) on a baking tray in the oven with olive oil around it and generous amounts of salt and pepper all over, leaving it there for an hour on a high heat. The pie only needed about 20mins in the oven to heat up. The whole thing was smashing, had brussel sprouts and broccoli as well and have some fresh cream buns that i will have in about a half an hour with a cup of tea. :clap:

There is nothing quite like reading about one of the Dunph’s feeds.

Because i have good taste?

Its the mouth watering detail. :clap:

That pie would have been tastier with Beamish used instead of Guinness.

Its an education thats for sure.

Just had the fresh cream bun with my tea and there was some jam in it, it was big i had to squeeze it to fit it in my mouth. It’s hard to beat fresh cream, very nice.

[quote=“The Dunph, post: 295374”]
Just had the fresh cream bun with my tea and there was some jam in it, it was big i had to squeeze it to fit it in my mouth. It’s hard to beat fresh cream, very nice.
[/quote]was your man getting his end away in the sitting room while you were squeezing the cream into your gob?

Where do you think the cream came from?

Have the house to myself tonight, mate. Cream was fresh cream from a cow.