Ravenous

[quote=“turfcutter, post: 752387, member: 643”]I’m back and I’ve been eating like two horses with the cold.
Two bowls of porridge this morning followed by 6 yes six toast with jam and a yogurt
A monster of a fry at lunch time 3 sausage. 3 rasher, 2 eggs and fried bread for lunch

I had two toasted ham and cheese at 3 there and I starved for my dinner which will be a beef casserole[/quote]

Good stuff TC, you will be ready for the sales in 2 weeks. :clap:

[quote=“turfcutter, post: 752387, member: 643”]I’m back and I’ve been eating like two horses with the cold.
Two bowls of porridge this morning followed by 6 yes six toast with jam and a yogurt
A monster of a fry at lunch time 3 sausage. 3 rasher, 2 eggs and fried bread for lunch

I had two toasted ham and cheese at 3 there and I starved for my dinner which will be a beef casserole[/quote]

Good lord that is going to be some barry white.

Have a bit of sole and some chilli and garlic prawns to go with spinach mash and veg this evening. Did a gym session early this morning and haven’t been able to keep the hunger at bay all day.

I dont be hanging around a water cooler like most lads here. As for the barry whiteing I’ve had two already, you could set a clock by me I’m so regular,

Still man that amount of bread can’t be good. Would you have a fry everyday?

That man burns more calories on the jacks than i do in a week at work Horse. :smiley:

No I dont have a fry every day, I could have kippers, boiled eggs, cold meat and salad in the summer, tuna, mackerel, an omellete,

Good to hear your alive! Id say ye are in savage form up yere side after the weekend.

I fried up a bit of liver there. chopped a few onions and mushrooms and horsed it in with some butter and a sprinkle of black pepper. Brocolli, beans and a few baby pototes on the side.

Fresh cream strawberry cake sitting here waiting to be attacked.

Good to hear tc-all the hard work in the world won’t make up for daily fry-ups.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 751751, member: 53”]I know you don’t make friends with salads lads bit try this out if you want something with a kick. The morrocan/asian style dressing is the stuff of legend.

http://mynewroots.org/site/2010/06/the-best-lentil-salad-ever-2/

I await the abuse of the salad dodgers.[/quote]

Finally got around to making this. Fabulous stuff! I didn’t have cardamom or cloves unfortunately so made do without, also cinnamon turns my stomach so just added a little more nutmeg. Delicious altogether. I think it could do with a clove or two of minced garlic.

Just polished off a big pot of mussels and clams cooked in a cream and white wine sauce. Lovely stuff

Where did you get the mussels Fagan? Were they a decent size?

Got them in Howth today. They were a lovely big size. The clams were small Palourde clams but were very tender.

Got them in Howth today. They were a lovely big size. The clams were small Palourde clams but were very tender.

I made a cracking fish pie earlier.

Quality Fagan. Got myself a nice bag of fish there in Nicky’s yesterday. €22 of Salmon, Coley and cod for a fish stew. Hard to beat fresh fish.

Good Friday. The day that men who can cook fish thrive.

Ah lovely.

I’ve gone off the rails… Chocolate, crisps and icecream. :confused:

There’s a bit of a market that has sprung up in our town over the psat couple of years on a Friday, I would usually be working during the day, but was good to get a chance to go down and get some fresh fish and veg there today.

sounds tasty.

Quick fried a few pieces of sea bass earlier. simple enough dinner but hit the spot.