Ravenous

Seldom has a dessert rejoiced in such a proudly unpretentious name as the bread and butter pudding. It’s Victorian nursery food at its finest; blandly milky, comfortingly stodgy, and just the thing to use up all the staling half loaves left hanging around by Christmas guests who can’t see an untouched item of food without taking a bite.

3 Likes

@Horsebox and @HBV well and truly clamped.

you just dont get it.
bread is a perfectly acceptable base ingredient for dessert, or as @Tassotti would call it, ‘pudding’ , in terms of texture, flavour and workability. what is bread but a first cousin of pastry and it is perfectly normal and acceptable to enjoy any range of sweet or savory breads.
you wouldnt have a slice of bread, stale or fresh with your roast turkey and ham though. maybe you would i dont know. most wouldnt have a ‘bread’ sauce with their dinner also.
the point here is that as opposed to bread working fantastically in various sweet and savory dishes it is not in any way a complimentary accompaniment to a sauce to be had with your roast dinner, it is merely added to add a bit of girth to it ie to make it go further and feed more poor and hungry people.

1 Like

Don’t be tagging or posting me geezer with that foul mouth of yours. Wash it
out for yourself like a good catholic lad.

I notice you’d never have bad breath like a roaster because there is no decaying meat caught in your back teeth

Lovely slice of bread and butter there with a cup of black tea.

The taste of real butter on a bit of proper white bread is hard to beat.

Half a kitkat now

Are you in Mountjoy?

13 Likes

have you tried these yet @ironmoth

I made a savage mistake earlier for my veg curry, I used a red chilli and put it in at the start, christ it was far too hot and I couldn’t enjoy it, I went ape

1 Like

I haven’t tried them - they look very enticing. Leek goes well with cheese, so you’re onto a winner there Tossy. Notice how Hugh knows hi shit when it comes to bread…sourdough all the way baby.

The pic I posted a few back was the squash, walnut, goat’s cheese toasties. I think it’s from the same book. Worth a shot sometime pal. One or two of those, and the butternut squash alone will give you 400+% of your vitamin A needs for the day, as well as 50+% of vitamin C and 10+% of vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, and much more besides. A real gem of a food.

Always taste it raw first pal. You’ll only make that mistake once!

These slimming world chips princess has me ateing are the business…

You’re mental. You’re slowly poisoning yourself at that craic.

I have to say I find butter-nut squash repulsive

You’ll be over in four star killing the 24 inch challenge on your own one of these days as you’ll be so hungry coming back up from Cork

1 Like

Well, compared to that leek + cheese toastie, yes…butternut squash is repulsive. But the vitamins Tossy. Think of the vitamins. :thumbsup:

Let me know the leek works out.

I think he’s trying to kill @tassotti

Gamechanger

That toasted sandwich game has changed forever

5 Likes

You must be very bloated and pudgy from ateing a lot of bread?

nonsense, that organic sourdough, sourdough has been a game changer for me in my vegetarian lifestyle choice

1 Like

It’s bread, pal…you can dress it up as you like but bread will make you fat and bloated.