Ravenous

Hitting the grill shortly…

Edit: honreal

2 Likes

Are they Protestants?

Pretty sure they are Quakers from Tulla.

1 Like

They had the look of it alright.

If you have a gas BBQ then that’s the way to do it. Give it a good rub in oil and your preferred herbs and seasonings and get it in there for 7 hours at 100 degrees (just use one burner, and place the meat at the other end of the grill). You need to get yourself some wood chips to make it good and smokey. All the better if the wood chips have been soaked in beer first.

1 Like

Have you done this Glas? I’ve been meaning to give this a go for a couple of years.

I had a lovely scrummy tub in Scrumdiddlys yesterday

Yep. It was fantastic. The hardest thing is controlling the heat in the BBQ, you need to keep checking it as it builds up very fast. I’d use more wood hips next time for more smoke.

1 Like

Nice. I def need to do this during the summer. “Controlling the heat” sounds like a grand excuse to sip on beers for the afternoon beside the BBQ.

2 Likes

You’re definitely on to something

I have a fantastic gas burner but never bothered to try smoking meat, I thought that you would need a charcoal grill to do that properly?

I’ll be doing a lovely piece of roast beef later on with roasties, roasted cauliflower, mashed carrots and some asparagus, pan gravy. I’d usually do a rib roast but the kids are a pain in the hole with any fat, picked up a nice looking piece of eye of the round yesterday, looks very lean which suits the kids, hope the flavour is alright.

1 Like

3 Likes

Nice! Shakshouka is a tasty dish.

Thanks to all that suggested brisket recipes - will report back later!

Ready for 6 hours in the oven

Baked this earlier. Coconut chai latte tray bake. Icing was a bit runny, but otherwise a beautiful cake.

3 Likes

That looks unreal. Easy cook it? Do you need a special pan?

Cooking a roast on a sunday isnt noteworthy you clown

1 Like

That sounds very nice - a noteworthy bit of cooking. I’m going to give it a like.

I might wait until Tuesday to do it now, Selfish Giant isn’t impressed.

4 Likes

Well that’s Sunday fucked so.