Ravenous

I did my best, lads. I’m still learning.

:cry:

3 Likes

Bit wetter than I expected but absolutely gorgeous, I’m after about three portions, kids loved it as well and I’ll have lunch out of it tomorrow for myself

1 Like

Whoopdeefuckingdoo :rollseyes:

2 Likes

Is that Sandymount pal ?

Scratch that I see its homemade

That’s a lovely quartz worktop too. It must have set you back a fair few quid. Well done on not skimping like some of the cunts on here.

1 Like

Nice sideboard mate

2 Likes

:smile:

Had a glass of McGuigan’s Signature Shiraz with a beef and ale stew. Not much of a wine drinker, but that is a very fine wine. They must be up there with Penfolds and Wolf Blass @Fitzy.

1 Like

It’s hard to beat Penfolds at any price point for Shiraz, but essentially anything from south Australia (Barossa and McClaren Vale) is going to be decent at worst. d’Arenberg, Wynns, Elderton, Torbreck and Hardys are other excellent producers. There are also some nice Cab Shiraz and Shiraz Viognier blends, Yalumba make a lovely Barossa blend of the latter. Hard to beat Shiraz (or Syrah blends from the Rhone valley) for value.

1 Like

Always thought Australian are, by and large, shite.

1 Like

all new world wines are horrendous piss, people who like them are usually craft beer type nerds who wouldn’t know a decent wine if it came up and kicked them in the nuts

Two perfect examples of opinions and arseholes there

That’s informative - will keep that in mind next time I’m buying a bottle.

@glasagusban and @Tassotti - I thought the same until I was invited to a friend’s house for dinner and brought a bottle of Wolf Blass President’s Select. Again, not even close to being a wine aficionado (unlike the host), but he was well-impressed and I thought it tasted very decent.

1 Like

They are talking through their holes. Every major wine growing country produces stellar wines and shit wines. The main difference between old and new world is the climates are much better and consistent in places like south Australia and CA so you get top vintages every year unlike Bordeaux for example where you would be lucky to get two per decade.

3 Likes

Did a huge frittata earlier on as we had a few stragglers left from a child’s party. 9 eggs, sliced cooked potatoes, ham, onion, tomato, green beans and spinach from the fridge, mixture of cheeses.
Fantastic bit of grub, eaten with buttered riot rye sourdough.

2 Likes

That’s some good atin’!

I’m not a fan of McGuigan’s wine myself iron moth. Wolf Blass is generally decent enough. I just find every Penfolds to be good.

1 Like

i see wolfblass for sale in 24 hour petrol stations, that tells me everything I need to know

11 Likes

Purposely logged in to like that. Beef deserves a decent red like a quality Malbec or a Chateau Neuf de pape

1 Like

Do you see any Black Label Wolf Blass for sale in a petrol station?

1 Like