Ravenous

Another mick looking for validation.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be much meat in it

Jesus I’m dying for some spaghetti bolonnese here

1 Like

Stunning plate of food.

1 Like

I usually hate it but the missus brought some home from an Italian deli in town last night. Christ it was unreal.I think the mince was a mix of pork and beef and the spaghetti was a lot thinner than usual and not the stodgy Roma crap.

I’ve only gone and done it again. A meal for the ages. Spaghetti bolonnese

5 Likes

That’s the way it’s supposed to be done, pal. Pork and beef mince. Don’t be afraid to chop up a few rashers in it as well. Diced mushrooms and onions, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, glass of red wine, drop of harissa paste. Nom nom nom nom nom…

1 Like

I just used the bbc recipe and they specified celery and carrot aswell, the one I made was unreal

Yep Jamie Oliver recommends carrots and celery as well, pal. I don’t use it myself but Bolognaise can be whatever you want really I think.

shaving in the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce near the end is a game changer

2 Likes

just had a lovely ham salad wrap there. I’m ravenous today

Glass of white wine (instead of red) and a splash of milk is also a very tasty route to go.

Traditional bolonese is made with white, not red

1 Like

Dough Bros pizzeria in Galway. @Tassotti, they’re reportedly game changers, and even advertise this on their signage.

2 Likes

Listen pal, you and I are clearly traditionalists around here. I would never add red wine to my sugo, but have had it that way and it’s still quite tasty.

Jamie oliver.ffs

You’d be more Uncle Bens recipes

Fuck off.

:eek:

Unreal. I’ve outdone myself here.

3 Likes