Ravenous

Lovely Massaman style curry on the go here, the missus made the paste herself a few weeks ago and froze some.

6 Likes

I’d love a fish and chip now. A fish and chip supper on a Friday.

1 Like

would you ever have a bit of curry sauce or gravy with it?

No just loads of salt n vinegar. I like extra vinegar.

1 Like

Any nuts, pal?

Funny you should ask, put some baby waxy potatoes in after the photo as well
Gone now, it was savage but I made it too hot for the kids

1 Like

fucking nuts in a curry!!! wtf!!!

Fuckit pal, I thought you were an aspiring gourmet. Nuts in curry is hardly unusual, quite a few curries from many Asian countries have nuts as a star ingredient.
I added the cashews at the end, it’s traditional in a Massaman and I quite like the bit of crunch.

2 Likes

jaysus, no no no, wrong wrong wrong, if I wanted something crunchy to ate, I ate a bowl of cornflakes

5 Likes

:joy:
Maybe you could drop one of your ‘organic’:laughing: cod fish pies into the fryer for a few minutes.

there absolutely nothing wrong with a good feed from a quality chipper, its the muppets drinking cans of coke that end up the size of @ChocolateMice, overweight and lacking in motivation

I don’t like the texture of that. I wouldn’t eat it.

1 Like

Or you’ll see some sow tucking into a snack box and quater pounder with a diet coke as that makes all the difference :relaxed:

:flushed:
It doesn’t look great in the picture granted, there’s a sheen off it, there was a bit of work to go into it before it was served but I never got a picture, I put in some quality home made chicken stock to loosen it as well.
Either way your comment has hurt, all I’m short now is Carryharry to thank your post and my weekend will be fucked before it’s started.:cry:

1 Like

It looks like a smashing curry to me mate and you are spot on with the nuts. All you needed extra was some chopped fresh coriander sprinkled over it to serve.

2 Likes

coriander is the vilest herb out there, even the smell of it makes me wretch

What do you use to remove heavy metals from the brain Tossy mate? You’d have a savage amount of them accumulated from all that salmon.

It looks synthetic, like some old shit you’d pour out of a jar.
I couldn’t palate that.

1 Like

This was the feast that I had in the M&L Chinese last night. On the right Szechuan chicken, on the left dry stir fried beef with spicy taste. The beef was unreal. Unbelievable in fact. There is a Chinese language menu as well and all sorts of pots and burners and baths of food were being brought out to tables of Oriental diners.

1 Like