Ravenous

Quite the opposite to be honest but you’ve made your point.

Paid a visit to limericks market this morning, I’ve just eaten a bowl of chili, some spicy tuna sushi, 2 samosas and some mustard picked herring on white sourdough.

Likely to be doing a roast dinner this evening as well :flushed:

Absolutely stuffed after sharing a chicken biryani, garlic naan, roast chicken/char siew and some char kway teow. Didn’t bother with the hokkien mee, not my favourite.

3 Likes

Just had my first meal of the day. 1 apple, 1 coffee. Should keep me going till 6 as I’m heading out for an early bird for a birthday.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

2 Likes

Oh, sorry… Did you need a picture of it?

1 Like

Was in there myself around 12. Did you buy the chilli off your man with the van? Was it any good? I passed at one stage and there was a fella late 30s leaning against the counter talking shit to your man while he was heating the chilli. Must have been you? I found it notable because I’d not seen anyone ever buying anything there before.

1 Like

I had fruit, cold meat, cheese, nuts and yogurt followed by a full Irish with three poached eggs. I had a prawn and avocado wrap earlier in the afternoon. I’m having a beef sandwich now. Dinner is at 8.

You shouldn’t make yourself feel like you have to starve yourself skinny pal.

2 Likes

I’m not starving myself anything… The human body doesn’t need half as much food as we throw at it, you’ve shown that there yourself. A small meal during the day and a good dinner. Job done.

I’d never last on what you’d ate

Of course you would. Some days I eat three big meals, others I have a massive lunch and small bite in the evening… It’s about listening to your body,… There’s fuck all evidence out there to suggest eat ing little often is the way to go, despite the popular belief.

2 Likes

Interesting, I was there closer to one, I am actually early 40s but i was indeed talking shit to your man, however I didn’t get him to heat it up cause I was gonna eat it at home. I had 4 kids hanging off me so I’d have been fairly noticeable.
As I left the stall a rather large (tall and Portly) chap gave me a good look as if he recognised me, was it yourself?

The chili was indeed excellent, as is the baklava I’ve just been tucking into.
The guy who sells sushi inside the market is new, Dingle sushi(I also talked shit with him for a while) is a real find, it was Probably the best sushi I’ve had in Ireland.

I never said anything about eating little and often.

Don’t pick on the poor bastard he goes through hell trying to maintain his weight. Any slip up and he’ll be back up to 18 and a half stone

Was around one when I saw this fella alright and he could have been early 40s. But there was no gaggle of kids hanging off him at that moment, unless they had scampered off somewhere else… He looked fond of his grub, not necessarily fat, but that he wouldn’t need an excuse to treat himself. He was either wearing some kind of a teams tracksuit, like he was involved with some club, or else some kind of grey/navy attire.

I came home empty handed myself I was too late getting in there. I was going to get a beef burger done on a sort of BBQ grill off this new crowd down further from the chilli fella but I had just eaten and would have only been gluttonous. I must check out that sushi next time so. He was gone early the sushi fella today? I mean I didn’t see him at 1.

Just drank half a litre of homemade cream of mushroom soup there. Fuck me it was unreal. Mushrooms were on special offer in aldi. 750 gramme for £1.10

2 Likes

Not me mate sorry. I wouldn’t be seen dead in team attire, the lad you just described could well have been the same fella I saw, he gave me a prolonged look like he knew me but I had never seen him before, definitely fond of the grub, we could have just missed each other. I picked up the last box of sushi from your man and he threw in a few samples he had left (well I asked him to) it was fantastic.
Have you ever picked up the baklava from Sefik? I wouldn’t ever leave without it

Sefik is a sound skin.

Indeed, so much so that I’d probably support his stall no matter what. The fact that he does outstanding product is a massive bonus.
I had a sandwich from the Friday sandwich sisters stall a couple of weeks ago, superb brisket on lovely ciabatta, my daughter had a very nice burger as well from the same stall.
The market Is nearly there, could do with weeding out a few but some excellent recent additions.

Don’t mind those sisters…gangsters.

They do a smashing sandwich to be fair, as far as I remember everything is a fiver.
There was some queue at the one of the sausage stands today (the older couple who used to have the corner unit) while the other one was empty. What kind of roaster is getting sausage in a demi baguette when they have the choice of grub in and around the market now?

I’ll be cutting into this now in a few minutes, should be perfectly medium.

1 Like