Ravenous

It’s a crab cake. Leave out the mayo then.

Toasted sandwich with cranberry sauce, smoked ham, tomatoe and cheese.

I’d have another one only the ham is all gone

Are you bucktoothed, @Fran?

7 Likes

No, definitely not bucktoothed

No bother kid. Do you put a bit of butter on your sandwich maker? Iv seen it done I assume it can stick,?
Wouldn’t let one of thou in the door the only way to make a toastie is under the grill.

Haven’t seen one of those in years. Always thought the creased parts of the toastie was kind of inedible. The George foreman is a much better job, Francis.

Ah yea, I’d definitely put a small bit of butter on, not too much though as it can get very greasy. I like the idea of toasties under the grille but I don’t think the heat gets concentrated enough on the filling and the cheese / tomatoe doesn’t get soft enough.

I went off them for years but these days I’ve have at least 2 per week, more often on the weekends.

I’ve thought about getting a Foreman or something similar but I’m happy enough to stick with the conventional sandwich toaster for the moment

A proper sandwich press is your only man

1 Like

Yanks. Can’t help themselves fucking up a nice healthy dish with a load of fat. @labane has been away too long.

1st asks bud. That looks daycant. Showing up a few lads here fair play man

Can’t beat a good toastie. My youngsters like them as a treat and to cut down on the bread intake I make them in a wrap instead. As follows

1. Spread some soft cheese on the wrap
  2. Few slices of ham
  3. Bit of grated cheese
  4. Few slices of tomato.
  5. Fold in half
  6. 4/5 mins each side under grill

Smashing

3 Likes

Agreed on the Foreman, makes a fine toastie, panini or hot wrap

1 Like

Egg yolks and olive oil, the two fat containing ingredients in my homemade mayo, are two of the healthiest things you could eat. The myth that egg yolks are bad for you is utter bullshit, there is nothing that has more good nutrition than an egg yolk.

2 Likes

You seem the most virtuous of fellas there @anon7035031. First up, you use yolks in your mayonnaise? Strange enough.
Second even if you’re using olive oil it’s a shitload. Transition year work experience taught me that the amount of oil that goes into mayonnaise is just disgusting.

Labane like a good catholic I’m gone e cook a fish pie tomorrow. Can you offer any good recipe there kid?

Thanks mate, seems like you’re paying me a compliment but I’m not sure what you’re saying :confused:
It was lovely, baked potatoes are brilliant, stick a fork in a few times, wrap in tin foil and stick ito the oven for 1 and a half hour, goes brilliant with egg mayo that I make all the time cause the kids love it

Egg yolks are one of the two essential ingredients in mayonnaise, you must be confused with something else. There is an awful lot of oil but it’s a treat, you’ll have the same in shop bought muck.

Labane, I never use olive oil in Mayo, I find cheaper oils give a better taste to the end product, olive oil leaves a taste of it’s own that you don’t really want.

1st asks is maybe an old limerick thing. Ie give me that now. Where do you hail mate?

Maybe. It’s 20 years ago but I thought it was just the whites we used. I was tasked with pouring a vat of oil into the bowl as it was mixed. Disgusting amount.