Ravenous

Cooked a savage sweet and sour chicken there. I’m stuffed after it.
Bag of dry roasted peanuts and pint of mi-wada orange now for watching the match. Ah lovely.

there is the world of difference between fresh and powdered ginger, so much so that i cant see myself going back to the powdered stuff again

i would have traditionally lobbed a fair amount into a spicy marinade before stir frying meat but the fresh stuff grated is on another planet

[quote=“HBV*”]there is the world of difference between fresh and powdered ginger, so much so that i cant see myself going back to the powdered stuff again

i would have traditionally lobbed a fair amount into a spicy marinade before stir frying meat but the fresh stuff grated is on another planet[/QUOTE]

Ya, big time. It’s the same as garlic powder V crsuhed fresh garlic. Just no comparison.

:clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic Thraw. Made a Chicken Tagine with couscous there on Sunday night. I put too much Cayenne Pepper in so it was a bit hot but that was easily solved with a dallop of greek style natural yogurt.

Had enough for the lunch on Monday too

Fantastic Thraw. Made a Chicken Tagine with couscous there on Sunday night. I put too much Cayenne Pepper in so it was a bit hot but that was easily solved with a dallop of greek style natural yogurt.

Had enough for the lunch on Monday too[/QUOTE]

I’ve never made a Tagine, they seem interesting, do they take long to cook?

They’re fantastic runt. It depends if you’re using chicken / lamb / beef. Chicken will take 1 hour in the oven and about 30 minutes prep before that. Lamb & Beef will take approx 2 hours.

Do you have a fancy tagine pot?

are we talking slow cooked spicy stew here?

would a casserole pot do the trick or is the special pot needed?

No, a casserole dish will do the trick

[quote=“HBV*”]are we talking slow cooked spicy stew here?

would a casserole pot do the trick or is the special pot needed?[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

It this isn’t the gayest thread since Sid Power Wallace’s skinny jeans

Then I’m Carmen Electra

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]It this isn’t the gayest thread since Sid Power Wallace’s skinny jeans

Then I’m Carmen Electra[/QUOTE]

I’d say you could pull it off

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]It this isn’t the gayest thread since Sid Power Wallace’s skinny jeans

Then I’m Carmen Electra[/QUOTE]

more Carmencita Hederman id say.

oh yeah and you’re Johnny Depp

Had enough for the lunch on Monday too[/QUOTE]

Softie, thats only medium hotness.

I’m afraid my constitution is not equiped to withstand such treatment Kev.

What’s with the name calling anyway? Poor MBB got a lash yesterday and today me?

[quote=“Fran”]I’m afraid my constitution is not equiped to withstand such treatment Kev.

What’s with the name calling anyway? Poor MBB got a lash yesterday and today me?[/QUOTE]

MBB is a cunt, i’m only fucking around with you. Softie is a tonned down version of what first came into my head.:smiley:

Gola, you’re needed on this thread again.

What had you for supper, Bandage?

I’m here mulling over a ham and cheese toasted sandwich v beans on toast…

[quote=“The Dunph”]What had you for supper, Bandage?

I’m here mulling over a ham and cheese toasted sandwich v beans on toast…[/QUOTE]

A cup of tea and a Snickers.

Lovely.