Ravenous

I have never had garlic spuds in Sinnotts. Also while their beef is excellent and there is loads of quantity, their vegetables are frozen sometimes and plied with salt.

And its a ridiculous argument to say that a busier pub displays a better carvery. I have actually eaten the arvery in both places and would rate Long Stone far higher. Real taste of homemade food off it and you are never bloated.

I’m still farting from the chicken and cashew nut stir fry I made earlier. What’s worse is I made enough to bring for my lunch tomorrow too, so it could be one smelly office come 3 p.m.

Weetabix is muck alright.

Kev knows the score when it comes to breakfast.

Fran, ever make Kung Po Chicken?

I’ve been making it once a week for the past few weeks and it’s superb.

Expand on this please Kevin? Have I been wasting my time with my Flahavans micro oats for the past few years?

I’ve had it in a restaurant Runt but never made it myself. I’ve just googled the recipe and it looks fairly straight forward. Might give it a go at the weekend.

I must say the images look very appealing

Ya there’s a few different variations on it. I’ll see if I can find the link the recipe I was using later.

I’m still after a good receipe for Chicken Sezchaun though…

Haven’t had a Chicken Sezchaun in years. Used to love them. Haven’t had a chinese take away in years. It’s very hard to get a decent one these days.

I wouldn’t say wasting your time. The honey is for taste obviously, so put that bit aside. But those flahavans things have a nice bit of sugar in them already. If you go to any health shop/organic store you’ll get a massive bag of “Jumbo Oats” for around 3 euro. Weell worth it, and i’d say far cheaper overall that the more manufactured stuff anyway.

If you can soak over night they go up another notch.

A fella called a half an hour ago selling fish, got 3 mackerel from him, caught by rod only today i believe. Absolutely savage. Fried them in shallow sunflour oil, bit of fish sauce. Unbelieveable.

But on top of that i made a startling discovery. I had nothing really to go with it as i wanted to cook it asap, so when cooked i saw a pack of Carrs cracker melts on the counter, so i took 4 out just to have something different. Then i decided to pour a little of the oil from the left-over pan over them. Holy fuck, one of the nicest tastes i’ve had in a long while.

:clap:

Mackerel is savage and dirt cheap too.

I’m off to try and catch myself a trout in a while.

Im getting a kebab in the next hour,yeeehaaw!!! :guns:

Time for a few rasher sandwiches, had a few pints earlier and made the mistake of going to bed for 3hours, the head is thumping now and I’m burnt to a crisp too. :wink:

Great to have this fella back. :clap:

Cheers Dunph… B)

I am absolutely stuffed. I’ve had two big ham salad sandwiches with cheese, two cups of tea and two slices of fresh cream and sponge cake…

Bought a pack of smoked parma ham and a bag of cashew nuts for a snack. Lovely stuff.

Nuts in general are a superb snack, Pistacio nuts are especially enjoyable. I wouldn’t be a big fan of parma ham however

The problem with Pistacio nuts is that you end up with shells everywhere.

I’m a big fan of those cured meats. In Supervalu you can get a great antipasto selection pack for a couple of euro.

Tis far from smoked parma ham you were rared I’d say, did you put it between two slices of bread at least…

Had a fine big fry there about 12, puddin fried bread the lot and there will be bacon and cabbage this eveing with watery imported spuds

Cured meats are the job alright.

Anyone like jerky? I do/did, never see it around ireland.