Reeling in the years

1972 on here. Only 10 mins in and already Neil Young’s Heart of Gold, Robert Flack First time I ever saw your face and Jackie Wilson’s Sweetest feeling are the soundtrack. :clap:

2 Likes

http://thenostalgiamachine.com/

A musical reeling in the years

I also worked a while in the fatherland,kinda sorry I didnt give it more time, working mostly with other cheap labour ( Turks) friendly ppl,Hoechst Odenwald

Too American based. R and b me bollix

1 Like

Absolutely. No glam rock there for 1973.

1973 on now.

Richie & JBM

3 Likes

Watched it there. Lovely episode.

4 Likes

The music was great back then.

2 Likes

Lovely bit of Gilbert O Sullivan

1 Like

Lovely bit of thin lizzy.

1 Like

My MIL asked me why I was getting so worked up about a game that happened before I was born. I didn’t tell her to go to away ta fuck but I was thinking it…

2 Likes

great points by Richie, great goal by JBM - jez the Galway corner back just coudnt hold on to him for that goal

Started watching Pop goes Northern Ireland on the iplayer, grim but fascinating, Ian Paisley was some cunt, I hope he is burning in hell.

What a collection of no1s

2 Likes

They really don’t make them like that anymore.

And Brendan Shine in the middle of it :grinning:

The only two that aren’t radio standards that absolutely everyone would know 40 years on are the blondie one and roxy music.,and the pope related hits obviously. Was that like italia 90 with loads of songs out? . we’re all part of il papas army, put em under pressure (not to make a statement to the police about child abuse)

1 Like

Sunday Girl is my fav song on that list.

Heart of Glass didn’t even make it to no1 in Ireland.