Referendum 2024

No doubt another memo from Woderick

Early indications of a strong no turn out. Most of the yes crowd are still in bed or are too busy compiling a tik tok video, an insta photo and long winded tweet to mark international women’s day… The yes votes should pick up after lunch… Depending on likes

6 Likes

You have too much time on your hands…

1 Like

Voting looked STEADY at my polling station just now. Cameraman present but no filming taking place just yet.

Hope that girl they found is ok now

I’m waiting on the EUR/AUD to hit support and bounce up.

Interestingly all the women my age, with children are nearly all campaigning for a no no on insta, these are not right wing loons, the same women have in the past campaigned for equality ref, come home to vote on repeal the 8th and support Palestine.

TFk needs a venn diagram function, but i digress. The no no is hitting the rational voter with facts or highlighted the lack of hard facts from the yes yes’s

4 Likes

That’s every day mate.

Very sad to see @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy absent on this thread. Happy for some marxist agitation on the climate side of party policy but downs tools on social progression.

7 Likes

Consigning women to the kitchen reduces the amount of car journeys tbf

3 Likes

What’s the lowest turnout for a vote in history I wonder?

I voted no no in the end. I would agree with both changes, but I thought they were overly vaguely worded and the fact that the attorney general had concerns is very worrying for me.

3 Likes

Google tells me 28.6% in 1979 for the vote on adoption and university representation in the Seanad.

Boylesports indicated about 28% expected for this one, voting is at under 10% so far.

Are we winning? 4 nos for me. God bless the election commission no removing dead people from the register.

1 Like

Is there an exit poll tonight? RTE released one the night of the previous 2 if memory serves me correctly.

Batteries in the hearing aid dying ?

5 Likes

I don’t think they did for one of the recent two anyway. Not sure about tonight

1 Like

Governments shouldn’t bother with referendums, especially ones there’s no demand for. The actual issue up for debate becomes secondary and people use it as a way to give a bruising the Government without any real consequences.

7 Likes

Why are they trying to delete my mother?

I read that in a traveller accent

1 Like

Since they banned the parties using public funds to argue for or against the standard of campaign has deteriorated and more often than not it’s just a grey muddle

The proposed amendments would make you despair as to the standard of parliamentary draftsman and civil service generally. A real curates egg.

1 Like