Referendum 2024

We should have more referendums so we can give the government a good bruising.

Peadar Toibin for Taoiseach
Maria Steen for the Áras

Like most people I’m happy to bitch and moan about whoever is in office.

Can ypu save money on a mothers day present if its a yes

This is what the yes yes side want. Elimination of the irish mammy

https://twitter.com/ServeOnlyGod/status/1766026868593958985?t=9k0q0gqcw8LMbxA191IT7w&s=19

One of the elder ballot statesmen in my locality is reporting the lowest turnout ever for a vote. Even when I went in I was the first punter in for a solid 20 minutes apparently.

Democracy is wasted on us, so it is.

These should have been held the same day as the local and European elections. A waste of resources have 2 separate election days considering either are coming as a surprise

1 Like

That has to be bullshit.Anyway it was a no no from Massey.Im on my way up the road now to give my second no no vote of the day.

2 Likes

I’m heading to the voting booth this evening to vote No-No. Although I will feel slightly guilty that my vote may be blaggarding @Bandage. His ebullient e-personality might sway my durable relationship vote yet.

2 Likes

The late, great Political Commentator Noel Whelan had a great analogy a few years back about Referendums. He told it brilliantly.

They are like a Meeting taking place in a big hall at 8pm on a Monday night.

At 7.30, the hall is virtually empty with maybe the front row occupied by journalists and people who are deeply interested in what the meeting is about. At 7.45, the front three rows are full. By 7.55 the hall is maybe half full.

But in the five minutes before 8pm the hall soon packs out, and people who didn’t even know the meeting was on at 7.30 are now standing at the back.

That’s how referendums work and people only tune in and make their mind up at the last minute and their votes are as important as those who made up their mind months ago.

They are not mothers. They are people who give birth… That’s the new gender affirming language you cavemen need to embrace.

2 Likes

I didn’t think she’d be into that sort of stuff tbh…

6 Likes

She’d be a missionary girl alright I’d say.

Is there anybody normal that posts on twitter, if it’s not Nazi headbangers it’s holy Mary headbangers

1 Like

Sid lives on there so :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You know the old saying, a religious headbanger on the streets…

I’ve never seen any of his tweets, :man_shrugging:

Their tweets… People use gender neutral terms for headbangers unless instructed otherwise.

1 Like

I don’t worry about shit like that, if you’re offended then I don’t really care :man_shrugging:

Why would i be offended? I love that you reject gender ideology. Well done pal :clap::clap::clap: