Referendum 2024

Cheers for the heads up - I fixed the spelling. Like all right minded, normal people, a hard NO

1 Like

half price childcare is his legacy

Sanctimoniously sneering at all Yes voters will really help the No side

I hate to be controversial, but should women really be allowed a vote in this referendum? Do turkeys get to vote for Christmas, do prisoners get to appoint the prison guards?
There’s actually a strong argument in favour of letting children vote, regardless of gender. But wimmin? Really? They’re almost certainly going to be biased.

Don’t forget the file deleting.

Did I read it wrong or has this referendum got nothing to do with women.
It’s just a change of wording to satisfy the WOKE minority.

Anyway you’re from NI.
Expect an immediate ban from this thread.

You’re contradicting yourself.

Absolutely a NO NO.

Neale Richmond slipped and let out on the Clare Brock show that it is essential to increasing mass immigration via the durable relationship nonsense. That’s enough for me.

Paranoid racist conspiracy theory nonsense.

Why do you want migrant families to be forcibly split up?

How is it a conspiracy theory? The Oireactas are leaving it to the courts to decide what the definition of that is.

What is your definition of a migrant family?

The poster said it was “essential to increasing mass immigration”. We don’t have mass immigration.

The poster’s statement is a value judgement that immigration is a bad thing and it’s also straight out the paranoid conspiracist insanity that Irish Government is supposedly planning to “replace” its population by 2050 that you see peddled by University of Facebook types.

This is Great Replacement conspiracy theory nonsense that doesn’t even warrant a response it’s so ludicrous.

And it demonstrates that the self styled “pro-family” types are in fact virulently anti-family.

Can’t be called conspiracy when it’s playing out in front of you though? Just because you turn the other cheek doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

See The Hague burned to the ground by warring Eritrean gangs last night. You think it’s going to be different here in time if we’re looking to pump the numbers of chancers coming here?

Ah we do have mass immigration.

It has fueled our population growth beating all estimates in the last decade.

Let’s not lie now.

The facts are the legislator are leaving a definition like that up to the courts. That’s a clunky referendum. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the Eight, at least it was clear.

1 Like

We don’t have mass immigration?

Just the fastest rate in Europe, no?

If an ex AG comes out and calls as it is that should be enough for anyone with half a brain to recognise it for what it is.

1 Like

We have blown through the high CSO estimates of migration for 2040.

Basically the “worst case” scenario of housing demand for 2040 could be met in the next few years…it’s mass immigration by any reasonable definition.

That said, economies ebb and flow. There’s no guarantee it will continue.

1 Like

Of course it is. It’s up massively yoy from Jan 23 to 24 excluding Ukraine.

I think bozo is confusing refugees with immigration… 20% of the current population weren’t born here…that figure was around 5% ten years ago…but yeah, there’s no mass migration happening in Ireland :person_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Who was it that burned Dublin again?

If you’re so worried about migration why don’t you fuck off out of Cork so?

Dublin knackers latching onto an opportunity for chaos.