Regular Savings - Suggestions

I saw the first half and fell asleep

Thanks for clearing that up pal.

One of the funds options selected by the trustees of the pension at work is being driven by the decrease in AAA/AA rated government bond yields. Is there any sense to going in heavily there?

@gilgamboa, I did see it. However, it was watched over 3 nights due to teething kid disturbing myself and the missus everytime we started the movie. I was also drinking heavily one of those nights. I got the gist of it, but I couldn’t tell you too much outside of the general plot.

That’s the general gist of what CDO’s were basically. The product being shorted

Load of things to take into account like your age etc. If a long way out from retirement you can take more risk with the investment but it’s a personal decision about what risk you are comfortable with too.

I’m not 100% what the question is here mate? Is it investing into AAA assets or what?

I’d make a point in asking for them. They’re highly profitable and pretty much unknown to the layman.

Yes. (I think)

Then the returns are minimal and the risks are high. AAA rated bonds are few and far between and the return on them as a result is negative in a lot of cases.

1 Like

CFDs are what you are looking for.

Leverage your way to financial independence

1 Like

Smart Traders use CFD

#Quinning

2 Likes

Don’t put your money in a bank. Buy the bank!!
Make CFDs work for you.

2 Likes

Don’t have kids

Boom! Dead right. The cost of all the alcohol you need to get through parenting is a killer.

2 Likes

Lovely :grinning:

I use Rabodirect as a way to get any lump sums out of my bank account into a savings type account. Also have regular amounts going out every month into credit unions that are used for holidays or any big once off things. Whats the most similar type of bank offered savings account similar to what Rabodirect offered (they exit Ireland this week)? Basically, something I can easily transfer money into so it can’t be easily spent without the requirement to deposit a regular amount each month.

I’d guess this depends on who you bank with. e.g. PTSB have an online ad hoc savings account but you need another PTSB account to operate it.

Some form of low risk fund?