Regular Savings - Suggestions

That’s rare.

I think we paid around 1500 for ours about 10 years ago. The vintage thing has really taken off up here.

1 Like

I have one of these buried on some ould shed amongst some other ould scrap

https://goo.gl/images/MS8RF6

You should start making cider

I should do a lot of things mate

3 Likes

:smile: That brings back memories. Pulping fodder beet. I got so sick of it that I filled it with baling twine and clogged it up. No more pulping after that.

4 Likes

Philistine. That was a wonderful job to get.

Cunt of a job, I can still smell the shredded beet. Weren’t you a badmimded little cunt all the same.

Breeding, it would break out in the back of a hatchet.

2 Likes

Fucking hardship. When you look at the old style hand pulpers it would send shivers through your spine, thank fuck I never saw one that wasn’t rusted to shite.

1 Like

When did they stop farming beet in galway? I barely remember seeing it as a small lad.

Rolling barley had to be the worst job. Slow as fuck, ears blown out of you and covered in dust.

1 Like

Plant in tuam closed in the 90s I think.

1 Like

Fuck sake, you’ve brought back some memories there. Hard to know what was worse, shovelling it to the auger above in the hape, or being at the bottom of the rollers, shovelling it away for all you were worth. Good fuck.

2 Likes

They were hard times, but they were good times.

2 Likes

You were able for anything after that rearing.

I can remember seeing it piled up, be talking late 80’s alright.

1 Like

That’s what will set you apart in the cutthroat world of vintage fountain pens

4 Likes

:joy:

It was a great crop, paid well. Cheaper sugar cane fucked it though. Arse fell out of the sugar price back then and eventually all four Irish plants closed. Tuam, Carlow, Thurles and finally Mallow. Greencore owned them I believe.