Relatively unknown players to look out for

Max Meyer,19 year old Schalke midfielder. I daresay relatively known now, after putting the fear of god into the Madrid team whenever he had the ball today.

In his 3rd season with Schalke and already a full international, Max is another attacking mid in the Gotze mould, destined to end up at Bayern.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fair play to me

Bumped for @Fitzy and @Rocko.

i see the keeper fisty has been touting for a while has joined valencia

Yes pal, hence the bump.

Excellent news. Hopefully Gary Neville takes him under his wing. They can go running on the beach together.

He must have a foot like a traction engine!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbj1xt6c_4s

1 Like

Good shout, Rudi.

He had a great game against Roma tonight with two very good goals, certainly looks a player.

1 Like

Again, bumped for @Fitzy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34425264

Ballon dā€™Or: Massimo Luongo joins Messi & Ronaldo on longlist?

What do Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Massimo Luongo all seemingly have in common?
Incredibly ex-Swindon Town and QPR midfielder Luongo has been named alongside four-time winner Messi and three-time winner Ronaldo on a 59-man longlist, apparently for the Ballon dā€™Or world footballer of the year award.
Ronaldo and Walesā€™ Gareth Bale are two of seven Real Madrid players on the shortlist, according to Mundo Deportivo , while Barcelona also have seven nominees.
But Luongo, 23, is QPRā€™s and the Championshipā€™s sole representative after signing for the Hoops following their relegation from the Premier League last season.
And while Messi won the treble including the Champions League last season, Luongo was plying his trade in League One with Swindon.
But he did get his hands on some silverware, winning the Asian Cup with Australia and being named the tournamentā€™s most valuable player.
Premier League new boys Bournemouth have on-loan Chelsea winger Christian Atsu on the list while Tottenhamā€™s Harry Kane gets a nod for his 21 Premier League goals last season, as does his new South Korean team-mate Son Heung-Min.
Other notable names include Leicesterā€™s new Japan international Shinji Okazaki, Swanseaā€™s Andre Ayew and former Cardiff and Inter Milan midfielder Gary Medel .
Manchester City have the most players nominated from the Premier League with five while rivals Manchester United have three players on the list including Wayne Rooney .
Arsenal have David Ospina among their two nominees while Liverpoolā€™s Philippe Coutinho is the sole representative from Merseyside.
The long list was to be officially released on 7 October, which would then be cut down to 23 and trimmed once again to a three-man shortlist before the winnersā€™ ceremony in January.
BBC Sport asked Fifa to confirm or deny the accuracy of the leaked list, but they refused to comment.

One definite Irish and two with potential Grealish possibilities here

Watching the Irish u21 game against Italy. Seems to be a pretty good team by our standards. The central midfield three of Byrne, Cullen and Browne is very good. Sean Kavanagh on the left wing has also been impressive, although my research tells me that he is generally a left back

Well called Rudi. He looks the real deal.

1 Like

Rudi knew

This rude fella seems to take the fish in a barrel approach by mentioning every decent young player in the world, very few have made the grade, Immobile is an exception but he was already 22, the first two mentioned were Borini and Joe Allen, he seems to know as much about football as Nemboā€™s knows about Gaelic football.

Huh.

Rudi consistently picked out unheralded players who hit the big time. Belotti was a guy who had a handful of Serie B games to his name and Rudi picked him as a star. Borini and Allen made big money moves a year after Rudi picked them out, Ibarbo too.

He had the midas touch.

Itā€™s yourself? I thought you were the bomber?

Anyway thereā€™s a lot of duff players mentioned by Rudi on this thread, more i have never heard of

No. Iā€™m not Rudi.

Nearly all the players he mentioned went from being unknowns to making big money moves.

Coincidence? I think not.

For instance he spotted some nobody from Serbia in an underage international match. That guy is now a Bundesliga regular, full international and has scored a brace from wing back in a CL game. Rudi knew.

A fucking brace :grinning:
What a stupid fucking term that is, has anybody ever spoken it?

The Fact Cat got your tongue? Your posts emit envy, the facts endorse Rudiā€™s ability to spot a player but your own insecurity and bitterness inhibit you from giving the guy a well earned compliment - before he came along the standard was chumps like Mac telling us Connor Clifford was going to be a star. Rudi came here, his talent spotting was noted and he was probably picked up as professional football scout somewhere I would say.